Responsible for the system design, documentation, implementation, and test of new systems. Leads internal system engineering activities on complex system development throughout all contract phases. Ensures the system meets customer specifications. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Converts customer specifications into system designs developing top level and detailed requirement specifications.
• Reviews customer’s technical specifications, blue prints, and other documents to assist in the development and preparation of proposals, pricing, statements of work, and/or other documents. Consults with program managers, engineers, marketing, and other technical personnel as needed.
• Coordinates with systems, software, and digital engineering design efforts to complete projects within the established timeframe and budget as well as ensures customer requirements are met. May interface with program managers to ensure budgets and schedules are being maintained and may conduct performance / cost / schedule tradeoff studies to optimize the design approach to meet the proper corporate balance.
• Participates in regular design review meetings to ensure compliance with established procedures and product requirements as well as to ensure all customer technical requirements are met.
• Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management. Advises management of situations which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
• Reviews designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications. Provides peer review of documentation and test plans used by the systems team.
Qualifications (include but not limited to):
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) and substantial experience in a design capacity as well as previous experience as a lead engineer; or the equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) preferred.
• Must have a strong understanding of multiple design activities. Design experience in radar, communications, or EW programs is necessary.
• Because of the nature of our business, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Mercury Defense Systems – MDS delivers innovative, open sensor processing solutions to key prime contractors by leveraging commercially available technologies and solutions from our MCE business area. We leverage this technology to develop integrated sensor processing subsystems, often including classified application-specific software and IP for the C4ISR market.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.