Do you like challenging yourself, learning new things, working at a company that places a high value on personal and professional development, and helping customers? We’re Synoptek and we’ve been named in the Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies and in the Top 100 IT services companies in America. We work with clients who are smart and effective, and that’s who we want to hire!
Synoptek is seeking a talented technology support candidate with exceptional client interfacing abilities to join our Northern California Field Support Team. This is a Level II support role focusing mainly on desktop support, with some minimal network and systems support provided as needed. We are a managed services provider so this role will perform all of the hands-on, onsite support work for one of our largest clients/partners in the Bay area. This is a great role for someone who does well working independently and who has experience presenting well in front of clients, while providing a high-level of support.
Please note the support requirements before applying: Applicants must be willing to work 1-2 days a week onsite in San Francisco (Bryant St.), 1-2 days a week onsite in Newark and provide 1-2 days of remote support from home (5 day work weeks). If you are unwilling to meet these requirements, please do not apply. We recognize that this is not an ideal scenario and are happy to work with the client and you to determine an onsite schedule that meets their needs without driving the technical resource crazy.
As a Level II Field Support Engineer, you will:
- Travel to San Francisco and Newark weekly to support one of Synoptek's largest clients
- Utilize problem-solving skills to troubleshoot, determine the nature of the problem, and take corrective actions as necessary
- Assist users to install, upgrade, and maintain desktop and portable computer hardware, software, printers, and peripherals
- Interact with clients, other members of the team and project managers in a positive manner to deliver on time and above standard solutions for our clients
- Interact with client vendors and support technicians when working with third party software/hardware issues
- Use knowledge of network support, PC workstations, software, and systems to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Maintain baseline image of standard client workstation configuration on desktop PC's (including MAC's) and notebook computers to provide quick, effective responses to requests
- Enter all pertinent customer support information into internal Autotask CRM system and document the solution or status of the service call to comprehensively follow through on all customer service issues
- Have a good attitude, love technology, enjoy serving customers and have the innate ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge of PC's, printers, networks and networking devices to support and provide diagnostics for Intel based PC equipment and related peripherals
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware, protocols, analysis tools and basic security knowledge
- Active Directory
- Some working knowledge of Exchange and Windows Server Administration
- Minimum 2 years' experience in IT, with one year in a technical or help desk support role helpful
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Windows 2008, Windows 7 and the Microsoft Office Suite (including Office 365) troubleshooting capabilities
- Exceptional communication and thorough documentation skills required
- Knowledge and experience in virtualized environments and/or datacenter environments beneficial
Apply now if you have the qualifications listed in the position description and are excited about an opportunity to join a growing, progressive technology company.
Synoptek is an IT consulting firm specializing in Business Process and Systems Consulting, Website and Software Application Development, Implementation and Design, Infrastructure Technology Consulting, Outsourced IT and Cloud Computing. Synoptek focuses on providing a complete IT management and services solution for mid-market technology dependent organizations with enterprise caliber requirements.
Synoptek is an equal opportunity employer. Employees are recruited, selected, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status or the presence of any disability not impairing the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor Visas. Please no third party agency contact to offer recruiting assistance. Visit Careers at Synoptek for a list of positions we are recruiting for by location and to learn more about Synoptek!