Serve as the initial point-of-contact for troubleshooting desktop PC hardware, desktop software, Windows office suite, desk and cell phone, and printer problems. In addition, this role will be responsible for building, deploying and maintaining standard Windows desktop images; supporting connectivity and light networking issues, including Moves/Add/Changes for cabling and computers; supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems including scripting, modifying and troubleshooting; providing quality technical support in a high productivity setting; and other duties as assigned or required by Technical Operations management.
Provide ongoing management of the support queue to ensure that all requests are managed to SLA, as prioritized based on impact and urgency. Initiate follow-up communication with customers to ensure that the Service Desk team meets the desired level of customer service. Proactively report incidents outside of SLA to Technical Operations management in order to ensure that all incidents are handled in a timely manner and proper escalation and priority is applied to each incident request. Provide weekly SLA reports to Technical Operations Management to ensure that the Service Desk team is meeting accepted SLA’s.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Respond and diagnose problems through discussion with users and supervisor, and evaluation of trouble tickets, both in person and over the phone.
- Initiate follow-up communication with customers to ensure that the Service Desk team meets the desired level of customer service
- Provide weekly SLA reports to Technical Operations Management to ensure that the Service Desk team is meeting accepted SLA’s
- Install, maintain, test and upgrade software, hardware, and custom application software
- Review, test, and coordinate software updates and changes to verify correct operation and instruct users in ways to maximize the benefits of software updates and changes
- Build, deploy and maintain standard Windows desktop images and application installation packages.
- Distribute and inform users about new procedures and policies established to improve system efficiency
- Support user groups in planning for equipment locations and reallocations, which improve system productivity, and recommend reallocations to users when inefficiencies are identified
- Support users in setting up new hardware systems including workstations, printers, microcomputers, and other input or output devices
- Run diagnostics at the microcomputer level and isolate hardware malfunctions at least to workstation level
- Provide onsite assistance for migration of data and orientation to the operation of Microsoft operating systems and office suites
- 3+ years of support experience in an ITIL based environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Windows operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7) and business applications suites
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2010, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008.
- General knowledge of networking, Cisco phone system and Linux
- General understanding of Incident Management and IT ticket systems, such as Numara.
- Experience providing customer support for client/server application software in a multi-site enterprise
- Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Relationship Management - experience negotiating and managing external vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred
- MCP and A+ certifications desired
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Voicemail, and Cisco Unified Contact Center Express desired
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification desired