DESCRIPTION: An SAP QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST analyzes quality assurance aspects of various SAP applications and performs complex quality assurance testing and programming using Hewlett Packard Quality Center (HP QC).
- Analyzes technical impact and business risks of proposed changes to various SAP applications using HP QC.
- Develops, maintains, and modifies custom programs in HP QC using Visual Basic.
- Participates in the development of all aspects of SAP system standards including but not limited to ABAP and Java programming, business data warehouse report, and security.
- Gathers, analyzes, and translates business requirements into test models and develops test strategy and plans to ensure that new and revised systems meet defined user needs.
- Provides estimates and schedules to achieve work prescribed in test plans and identifies tasks and resources needed.
- Interfaces with SAP technical and functional team members to develop ongoing metrics for measuring test execution, regression testing, performance testing, and defect rates, and develop solutions to testing defects.
- Develops test scripts for quality assurance purposes using software such as HP Quick Test Professional and HP Load runner.
- Identifies security requirements for HP QC and acts as security administrator.
- Reviews and reports on the quality of the development and maintenance of programs and systems including programming, documentation, and process quality.
- Perform validations of custom programs and objects to assure adherence to District standards.
- Develops reports and statistics for reporting on quality assurance standards and adherence by departments.
- Identifies training opportunities for functional and technical team members to improve their overall quality assurance competency.
- Stays current on the latest trends and methods of application development related to testing and quality assurance of SAP applications.
- Attends technical conferences and seminars as designated by supervisor and briefs SAP technical and functional team members on new developments in the field of SAP testing and quality assurance.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF AN APPLICATION
Education: Graduation from a recognized four-year college or university, preferably with a major in computer information systems, management information systems, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
Experience: Three years of recent full-time paid professional-level experience in applying quality assurance techniques and processes using HP Quality Center in an ERP system environment. Qualifying experience with an SAP system is desirable.
Special: Completion of a recognized HP Quality Center certification is desirable. A valid Class "C" California driver's license may be required for some positions. Travel to locations throughout the District may be required for some positions.
For a complete job description including the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities associated with the position please visit our website at http://laccd.edu/Departments/PersonnelCommission/job-descriptions/Pages/alpha-list-nf.aspx
EXAMINATION PROCESS: The examination process may consist of one or more parts which may include a training and experience evaluation, written test, performance test and/or oral interview.
ACCOMMODATION:Individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request, orally or in writing, an accommodation in the examination process. Documentation of the need for accommodation is required solely for the purpose of establishing that the applicant has an ADA disability and that the disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation. Typically, a recent letter from an appropriate health care or rehabilitation professional which establishes that the applicant has an ADA qualifying disability, identifies the functional limitations as they relate to the testing situation, and recommends/suggests the appropriate accommodation is sufficient.
In order for appropriate arrangements to be made at the testing site, a request for accommodation and required documentation must be received by the Examiner of Record at least 3 days prior to the administration of the test.
VACANCIES: A vacancy currently exists at the District Office, 770 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles. The hiring list established by this examination will also be used to fill future vacancies as they occur during the life of the list.
DEADLINE: Completed applications must be submitted through our online employment system, mailed or submitted in person to the offices of the Personnel Commission by 4:00 P.M. on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2014. Completed applications will not be accepted at any other location. Postmarks are not accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. Applications received by fax or email will not be accepted. For a listing of other job opportunities with the Los Angeles Community College District, call our 24-hr job hotline, or refer to our Web Page.
HOW TO APPLY
Online click apply now.
By Mail or In Person
LACCD Personnel Commission 770 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles CA 90017
Please note this is to request a paper application
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application
Personnel Commission: (213) 891-2129
24-hr Job Hotline: (213) 891-2099
TDD: (213) 891-2408
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 7:30AM – 4:30PM