We have a One Year plus Contract opportunity in Vernon Hills, IL for a Senior Application Developer with RPG, CA:2E or Synon and iSeries experience.
The purpose of the Senior Application Developer is to develop business software solutions through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support by participating in application standards development and serve as an evangelist for best practices in development.
The Senior Application Developer role at this company is a demanding, highly dynamic, and technically challenging position. Key functions include:
• Working with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs
• Collaborating with other developers and architects (when appropriate) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
• Developing high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes
• Developing system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished
• Developing applications to CDW coding standards and quality
• Being responsive and customer service oriented to all stakeholders via phone, email, etc. during the engagement. Maintain open and courteous communication
• Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
• Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis (at minimum)
• Technically manage complex projects efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
The Senior Application Developer is guided by an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology and serves as a mentor for Application Developers and Associate Application Developers
The Senior Application Developer must assume additional responsibilities as required by the organization.
The Senior Application Developer reports to an Application Development Manager.
This position requires an individual to foster and maintain relationships across the enterprise.
Minimum Basic Qualifications
5+ Years in application development.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
Other Required Qualifications
Solid knowledge of at least one of the company’s business function/area
Understanding of object-oriented design and programming techniques
Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with, and support the needs of, project team members and the customer support department. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be resourceful in order to participate in the software development process.
Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle and be able to self-manage their activities on smaller projects and serve as technical lead on small to medium projects.
Demonstrated proficiency in iSeries technical standards
Experience with advanced programming techniques
Experience with RPG (RPG/400, RPGIV, ILE, Free)
Experience with CA:2E (Advantage:2E, Synon:2E)
Experience with OS/400, DB2/400, SQL or other query utilities
Experience with source/object control tools such as Implementer
Java experience/exposure a plus