As an Engineer on the Business Intelligence Data Governance Team, you will be constantly challenged to develop applications and testing frameworks that will be used to ensure consistency and accuracy of the data used throughout the company. The ideal candidate must be an outstanding hands-on developer who is skilled in data analysis and can deliver innovative solutions.
- Define, develop and maintain audit analyses as part of Data Governance team to ensure data quality and completeness of data that is integrated into the Business Intelligence environment.
- Collaborate productively with all subject matter experts within a team environment to develop appropriate audit procedures. Subject matter experts may include, but are not limited to, developers, project managers, project leads, engineers, and product owners.
- This position is expected to facilitate or support both manual and automated testing as it applies to unit, integration, regression, user acceptance, and performance (stress) testing.
- Experienced in extracting and analyzing transaction data such as weblogs from various cloud based sources.
- Two years of work experience with Java and Python technologies.
- Two years of work experience with Java MapReduce and or Pig technologies.
- Experience developing web applications in a Linux environment.
- Bachelor-s degree in Information Technology or relevant discipline.
Skills that will give you an advantage over other candidates:
- Preferred two years of work experience with Selenium or programmable browser testing technologies.
- Preferred experience with testing tools such as Cucumber, Watir, Chaos Monkey and etc.
- Strong analytic and problem solving capabilities.
- Capability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment.
- A passion for technology. We are looking for someone who is keen on leveraging their existing skills while applying new approaches to the Business Intelligence Data Governance team.
- At least three years of experience, as a developer and QA audit Engineer in any combination.
The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT) is a global media organization dedicated to enhancing society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information. The company includes The New York Times, International New York Times, NYTimes.com, INYT.com and related properties. It is known globally for excellence in its journalism, and innovation in its print and digital storytelling and its business model. Follow news about the company at @NYTimesComm.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
Department: Engineering and Technology