Should be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Test Engineer, will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. Need to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. Need to have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software built should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration perspective. Should have good communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for functional and performance testing.
- Bachelor-s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field, or 3+ equivalent years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience, which may be composed of 2+ years as a developer and 3 years as a QA Engineer, or 5 years as an SDET.
- 3+ years of expertise in Java, Python or Ruby development or hands-on white box in Java or C.
- Proficient in the Python, Shell, Java and SQL.
- Ability to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
- Experience with open source test tools for example selenium, watir or watir-webdriver
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks.
- Should have good knowledge of http, web technologies and XML.
- Should be familiar with the Eclipse IDE and Subversion.
The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT) is a global media organization dedicated to enhancing society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information. The company includes The New York Times, International New York Times, NYTimes.com, INYT.com and related properties. It is known globally for excellence in its journalism, and innovation in its print and digital storytelling and its business model. Follow news about the company at @NYTimesComm.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
Department: Engineering and Technology