Every day the New York Times delivers our journalism to millions of readers through our native iPhone and iPad applications. Now we-re looking to expand on that success by launching new mobile applications around focused topics such as dining, travel and health. We-re looking for iOS developers to join a small team of designers, editors and product managers as we develop these new products from concept to App Store submission.
The ideal candidate is someone who cares deeply about the quality of the product and the technology that makes it possible. We-re looking for someone who is interested in new and innovative approaches to solving problems, and has a firm grounding in the standards and design patterns of iOS development. As part of a small team, you-ll have the opportunity to own large portions of the code and make a meaningful impact on the final product.
Take ownership of the architecture and development of new iOS applications from prototype through launch in the App Store.
Work as part of a small, cross-functional team including designers, newsroom editors and product managers to create new iOS applications
Push the envelope for state of the art mobile applications and development practices
- A strong understanding of iOS development and design patterns
- A healthy respect for clean, simple and tested code
- A strong interest in improving the way we deliver our journalism to readers
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
It would be great if you have:
- At least one public-facing iOS application in the App Store
- Experience with distributed version control systems like Git or Mercurial
- Experience in building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Proficiency with Unix, scripting languages, SQL, and regular expressions
Company Information: The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT) is a global media organization dedicated to enhancing society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information. The company includes The New York Times, International New York Times, NYTimes.com, INYT.com and related properties. It is known globally for excellence in its journalism, and innovation in its print and digital storytelling and its business model. Follow news about the company at @NYTimesComm.
EEO Statement: The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
Department: Engineering and Technology