The New York Times is seeking an Analyst to join our growing Customer Insight Group, which is responsible for research and analytics for all New York Times offerings, including the newspaper and NYTimes.com. The successful candidate will become a key partner to the new product development team as The Times continually innovates, iterates and launches new products. The New Products Analyst will help define and track key performance indicators for new products, and generate insights about how our audiences consume Times content across platforms (web, mobile, tablet) to inform new product development.
- Use data and analysis to deeply understand the New York Times audience and their behavior across platforms
- Liaise with internal business stakeholders to understand their business objectives, challenges and opportunities.
- Proactively identify insights that help stakeholders achieve their objectives and improve our products and services.
- Design, maintain and generate data dashboards
- Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to take action based on insights generated to seize business opportunities
- Present findings to team members and senior executives
- 2+ years of relevant experience working in web / digital / mobile analytics or in web-based businesses; understanding of web analytics metrics and concepts
- Experience in providing analytics to inform new product development and iteration
- Experience using web and or mobile analytics tools such as Omniture, Webtrends, Coremetrics, Localytics
- Prior work experience using SQL is required; additional programming languages are a plus, and experience with big data analytics is well regarded
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal presentations
- Strong business acumen to understand corporate strategy, interact with clients and present actionable findings
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired. MBA is a plus.
- Familiarity with NYTimes.com and/or The New York Times newspaper.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- A top-notch sense of humor
The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT) is a global media organization dedicated to enhancing society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information. The company includes The New York Times, International New York Times, NYTimes.com, INYT.com and related properties. It is known globally for excellence in its journalism, and innovation in its print and digital storytelling and its business model. Follow news about the company at @NYTimesComm.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
Department: Research and Development