This is an a exciting opportunity for multiple Mobile Developer - Senior JAVA Software Engineer candidates, some with Android experience to be part of a new Tablet development project in and Agile environment for a media industry leader. --
This division of a fortune 500 company is looking for creative and passionate Software Engineers to join their growing technology team. Ideal candidates will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment with a key role in delivering new and innovative tablet-based product, utilizing best development practices such as rapid development, automated testing and continuous integration.
Responsibilities of Software Engineer:
* As part of a cross-functional agile software team, deliver new and innovative Android libraries and apps
* Work with product owners, UX designers, and sometimes users to design, estimate, and develop robust and scalable tablet software (both on device and cloud-based)
* Contribute to continuous improvement of software development best practices in the areas of coding tools, languages and APIs, as well as agile software design and development processes
* Maintain and share knowledge in emerging technologies
Basic Qualification for Software Engineer:
* BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or equivalent
* Proven experience developing interactive applications in Java
* Proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including OO, data structures , and algorithms
* Experience in another language such as Python, C++, C#, or Ruby
Preferred Requirement of Software Engineer:
* Experience with Android platform, preferably ICS or later
* Experience in an agile/test driven development environment
* Proven experience with unit testing and/or continuous integration is a big plus
-- Qualified candidates will have clear English writing and English speaking skills not requiring repeating during rapid English conversation. -- This outstanding one of a kind career opportunity is based in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York offering a generous competitive starting base salary range based on experience including a great bonus plan offering a fast track promotional opportunity and a great benefit offering. Interview, travel and relocation expenses provided. Your asking compensation will be submitted after your approval. Candidates with solid skills, competitive compensation requirements will be reviewed first.
**-- The client is willing consider candidates from outside the area
with interview, travel & relocation expenses provided and will assist
with a visa transfer for well qualified H1/H1B candidates with 3+
years left on their visa and require a visa transfer (no new H1's)
that are selected to become part of this exceptional team--**
No 3rd party referrals, agencies or corp to corp sub-contracting
referrals from multi-employee consulting companies, please, for any
WSI requirements, no exceptions.
If you use E-mail (strongly preferred) to respond, please e-mail your Word, RTF or Text resume with contact information, address and phones, (no URL resume links or Zip files and please do not return a copy of this announcement with your response) to Jay D., with the subject line (or title and skills) of this message in the subject line of the message you send, no job numbers only, please. (Those are assigned by the various websites, and I don't know what the numbers refer to), thanks. Qualified candidates will have clear English speaking skills not requiring repeating and two years+ paid USA experience.
If you know someone who might qualify, or is coming to the New York / NY, New Jersey / NJ, Connecticut/ CT or Pennsylvania / PA area, (we have several additional open employment and consulting requirements for all of which no visa sponsorship is available and no 3rd party referrals, agencies or referrals from multi-employee consulting companies, please, for any WSI requirements), please e-mail a Word, RTF or Text resume with contact information, address and phones to Jay D., with the subject line of this message in the subject line of the message you send, (no URL resume links or ZIP files and please do not return a copy of this announcement with your response).
(To insure formatting & print quality, you may also mail a copy to me at WSI, 1617 Third Avenue, Box #6415, New York, NY 10128-0004).
A full listing of all WSI requirements can be seen at http://www.wsinationwide.com
When resumes are received, the candidate is contacted if there is a match, the situation is thoroughly described and the candidate tells us how they would like us to proceed. No information leaves our office without prior approval. This creates long term relationships, which we encourage.
WSI is a specialty recruiting organization with over twenty years experience and fees paid by our selected client companies, freeing our hands to find top level candidates for better projects all over the