Are you looking for an innovative environment where you can be creative, and work with other individuals just as passionate about technology as you! At DrFirst, we value innovation and strive to design and develop the most cutting edge healthcare applications possible. As a key member of our development team, your role will be critical in the success of DrFirst’s timely, quality and consistent product delivery.
This individual will serve a critical role to drive the architecture/design and implementation of cloud-based solutions, driving the architecture/design and implementation to migrate to a cloud-based PaaS and SaaS product. The cloud engineer will interact effectively with Technology & Business executives (CTO, LoB Managers, product managers, and engineering managers) to drive an optimized solution under known constraints. This person willestablish processes & drive adoption of best practices for cloud computing and provide innovative idea or direction for effective cloud implementation & maintenence. The job will include developing the cloud computing strategy, cloud suitability assessment, and a time-bound computing plan, as well as administrative and support. The cloud engineer will drive the initiative to transition to a cloud computing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise class software with strong focus on performance, availability and scalability. Experience in supporting /administering Ruby, Java and PHP based applications (Ruby a huge plus)
- Must have experience writing shell scripts in Bash, Ruby, or Python
- the ability support and administer Apache webservers, and knowledge of NGinX servers
- Must have 5 years of experience administering Linux-based systems (RHEL, Ubuntu)
- Must have experience with various open source caching mechanisms (Varnish, Memcache, APC, Hazelcast etc).
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools (Chef, Puppet, Phusion Passenger - Highly desired)
- Experience with troubleshooting and solving application/system related issues in SAAS platforms
- Mid-level knowledge of MySql
- Some knowledge of Openfire chat and Sugar CRM application and setup
- Experience with monitoring cloud services and monitoring tools. In-depth experience with Cloud computing technologies, experience with SaaS/PaaS environments
- Experience delivering solutions, as web applications and services using Java Script/HTML/Flex ROR and Java/Spring - Experience of working in diverse customer environments is essential
- Understanding of Amazon\RackSpace cloud services, a big plus.
- Strong analytical, software and database design and problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including documentation
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
- Demonstrated ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a solution to solve those challenges
- BSEE or Computer Science degree – an MBA a plus
DrFirst pioneers software solutions and services designed to optimize healthcare provider access to patient information, improve the doctor's clinical view of the patient at the time of care, and enable more effective, efficient administration and collaboration across a patient's circle of caregivers. Our growth is driven by a commitment to innovation and reliability across a wide array of service areas, including Medication History and e-Prescribing, Secure Messaging and Clinical Data Sharing, and Patient Behavioral Education and Medication Adherence. We are proud of our track record of service to 40,000 providers and over 290+ EMR/EHR/HIS vendors nationwide.
DrFirst offers a generous compensation package including:
- Eighteen accrued days of annual leave per year
- Medical and Dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Group life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Professional and Personal Growth Training
- DrFirst University
- Book Club
- Wellness Program
- Self-help and educational Library
- Bagel Fridays
- Gourmet Coffee
- Free P & J lunches
- Group Activities
- Annual Picnic
- Holiday Party
How To Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to this job posting.
DrFirst is an EEO and DrugFree employer, as well as an E-Verify company.