Our customer, situated in the North Chicago Suburbs, is seeking a contractembedded control software engineer to join theitProduct Development Division. This 6 months plus assignemnt could become a permanent position.
As an embedded software engineer, you would work in cross-functional project teams performing design and development tasks on software embedded in hardware devices for professional audio products. Specific emphasis would be placed on experience with Zigbee and Wi-Fi protocols.
- Analyze and integrate industry-standard digital wireless communications protocols (e.g. Zigbee, Wi-Fi) for potential use in pro-audio applications.
- Analyzes, architects, design, program, debugs and modify software for 8/16/32-bit MCU/MPUs and associated components (ADCs, DACs, PWMs, UARTs, LCDs, timers, network interfaces) in a PC environment, possibly for an embedded RTOS.
- Integrate real-time operating systems (VxWorks) into embedded firmware applications
- Integrate and test proprietary and non-proprietary networking communication protocols into platform independent object oriented embedded firmware, including common physical, datalink, network and transport layer protocol standards such as 802.3 (Ethernet), USB, TCP/UDP, IP.
- Work as part of a cross-functional development team to design and implement cutting edge audio products and technologies.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Electrical Engineering. MS degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of embedded firmware development experience using C++ with a demonstrated understanding of object oriented design, analysis and programming
- Proven experience with the implementation of wireless protocol stacks such as Zigbee, DECT, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Minimum 8 years of experience using communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, RS-232, USB, Ethernet, etc.) and higher level networking protocols such as IP, TCP/UDP, DHCP, ICMP, ARP, etc
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
- Ability to travel internationally
Please send your resume if you are interested