GPI/CARQUEST corporate office, located in Raleigh, NC, is seeking a Sr. Oracle Database Administrator who will report to the Manager – Database Administration.
Manages and maintains all production and non-production databases. Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration. Performs backup and recovery on Database Management Systems, configures database parameters and prototype designs against logical data models, defines data repository requirements, data dictionary and warehousing requirements.
- Oracle (EBS) Application Cloning & Patching, (using adclone & adpatch)
- Database upgrades and migrations
- Oracle Recovery Manager
- Configuring and maintaining backups, including RMAN, datapump, export/import, hot backup...
- Oracle performance tuning, including the use of Statspack, tracing, explain plans and SQL query tuning
- Experience with very large databases > 4T
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL, including queries, triggers, stored procedures
- User management, including adding/removing and security
- Locally managed tablespaces
- Installing and configuring Oracle 9i/10g/11g
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
Work, Skills & Abilities Required:
- 4 - 6 Years experience
- Strong understanding of Oracle relational databases, data structures, and SQL
- Demonstrated experience in the area of database/SQL performance tuning.
- Experience in a production support environment.
- Working in a Unix / Linux environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to think logically and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan and organize tasks.
With its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, GPI/CARQUEST Auto Parts is the premier supplier of replacement products, accessories, supplies and equipment for virtually all makes of automobiles, as well as light and heavy-duty trucks, off-road equipment, buses, recreational vehicles and agricultural equipment. Additionally, it distributes and sells tools, equipment, chemicals, paint and accessories. GPI/CARQUEST began in 1961 and has grown to be the world’s largest privately owned automotive parts distributing company. We also own WORLDPAC which is the world’s largest foreign car parts distributing company. We currently have over 3,000 stores and 38 distribution centers located in the US and Canada with over 18,000 employees. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.