Senior Web Developer
Progressive Technology Federal Systems, Inc. (PTFS), a leading systems integration company specializing in digital archiving and asset management, content digitization, and library services/solutions, has an opening for a Mid-level to Senior Web Developer. Duties: This key contributor will provide senior level web development, application development, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance for a web-based content management system. Other areas of activity include mobile web application, web services and Web Content Management (WCM) systems.
- Work with team member to develop a rich user interface in accordance with design specifications, user interface style guides and established usability standards.
- Develop Responsive Web site using HTML5, CC3, Bootstrap and Backbone.js
- Develop mobile web site using JQuery mobile and HTML5
- Develop User Interface using XHTML, HTML5, Ajax, JSPs, Java, Struts-2, Spring , XML/XSLT, XForms, Maven and Eclipse.
- Develop RESTful web services using Spring Framework,
- Develop code that is cross-browser/cross-platform UI compatible and troubleshoot associated issues.
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards, modern web browser capabilities, compatibility issues, W3C standards compliance and accessibility issues.
- Use Web Content Management system to make template changes and publish new content to production.
- Strong understanding of principles of user interface design, with proven track record of creative web site development in accordance with the design specifications, user interface style guides and established usability standards.
- Understanding of web accessibility and experience coding 508 compliant sites
- Strong experience solving cross-browser/cross-platform UI compatibility issues
- Experience with Java, JSP, and XML/XSLT and Web framework Struts, Struts-2 or Spring.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and 7+ years of related experience. Master's Degree in related field may be substituted for experience.