You’ve probably heard of ValueClick, and may know something about what we do. We’re a company about endless possibilities. With many of the strongest businesses in Media (ValueClick Media), CRM (Dotomi), Mobile (Greystripe), Affiliate (Commission Junction), and Technology (Mediaplex) ValueClick, Inc. transforms client businesses – and the industry – every day! The key to our success is a culture of empowerment that emphasizes responsibility, accountability, and a really awesome spirit of teamwork. And that success has driven our tremendous growth. Every day we work with more than 400 blue chip companies including 3 of the top 4 cellular carriers, 7 of the top 10 car manufacturers, 8 out of 10 pharmaceutical companies, 70 of the top 100 retailers, and 97 of the top travel companies, to name just a few of the categories where we dominate in providing powerful marketing solutions that drive stronger results than ANY competitor! It takes superstars to work here, and if that’s what you are, there’s no better place to make your mark! We live eat sleep and breathe data. How to use it to better meet customer needs. How to make it the lynchpin of programs that drive extraordinary growth for your clients. Everyone talks about data in our industry; what’s different about us is our focus on making data actionable.
Why Join Us?
We offer an environment of success, scope and scale in the emerging market of mobile advertising. We’re all about the yin and yang of stability and innovation as we continue to hire people who are natural-born pioneers, shamelessly driven and innately collaborative. The products we offer and technical challenges we solve are at an immense scale; our rich media advertising platform for mobile applications serves ads into thousands of applications and mobile websites on iOS and Android devices. Our system relies on a broad range of technologies, so we thrive on learning and working on something new.
Your MissionYou will be instrumental in providing strategic technical direction for the development of our iOS and Android platforms. We'll expect you to strike a balance between leading a team of 4-6 talented and dynamic software engineers while developing good quality code. Here are some bullet points:
• Develop and improve publisher facing tools and applications for ad enabling mobile applications and websites.
• Mentor the growth of the team’s application development skills.
• Plan and delegate work among team members.
• Support Product Management with product feature updates, including design, development and product rollout.
• Work with ad server team to ensure back-end systems integrate smoothly with new ad products.
• Drive assigned projects to completion within the agreed upon timeframes.
• Improving the quality of the deliverables each member of the team is accountable for.
Is this You?
• You are someone who can confidently step into an Engineering leadership role, armed with previous success at team and technical management
• You have always been a natural “go-to” amongst your peers who rely on your talent for challenging the norm and coming up with smart and creative solutions
• Part of your expertise includes iOS and/or Android development
• Those who have worked with you consider you to be highly methodical, motivated, driven and most of all, possess a positive attitude even in the most challenging of situations
• You have strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, and possess a minimum of a BS in Computer Science
• Ideally, you have worked in an Agile environment where you practiced TDD and continuous integration. If not, you are willing to embrace it.