You’ve probably heard of ValueClick, and may know something about what we do. We’re a company about endless possibilities. With many of the strongest businesses in Media (ValueClick Media), CRM (Dotomi), Mobile (Greystripe), Affiliate (Commission Junction), and Technology (Mediaplex) ValueClick, Inc. transforms client businesses – and the industry – every day! The key to our success is a culture of empowerment that emphasizes responsibility, accountability, and a really awesome spirit of teamwork. And that success has driven our tremendous growth. Every day we work with more than 400 blue chip companies including 3 of the top 4 cellular carriers, 7 of the top 10 car manufacturers, 8 out of 10 pharmaceutical companies, 70 of the top 100 retailers, and 97 of the top travel companies, to name just a few of the categories where we dominate in providing powerful marketing solutions that drive stronger results than ANY competitor! It takes superstars to work here, and if that’s what you are, there’s no better place to make your mark! We live eat sleep and breathe data. How to use it to better meet customer needs. How to make it the lynchpin of programs that drive extraordinary growth for your clients. Everyone talks about data in our industry; what’s different about us is our focus on making data actionable.
Why join us?
We recently launched a brand new web application (www.mastertms.com) that is high priority to the company and expected to handle 15 billion transactions daily by the end of 2013. While the platform is new, we’re no rookies to the online advertising space so you’ll be learning from the best minds in the industry who understand that you’re at your best when you have the license to innovate, the work space to focus and the enjoyment of seeing your work directly impact the company’s growth. Our team is small and here you don't only get to code but you also architect. We practice Agile and are transitioning to a one hundred percent continuous integration and test driven development environment.
You’ll be our Technical Lead / Sr. Java Engineer and your first project will be helping build this high-volume TMS that is the highest priority product across the organization. We need a technical lead who will be the person to-go to for all design and infrastructure issues. We need you to think at a scale of requests for information in the billions per day and response times in milliseconds. We have a strong appetite for learning and exploring new technologies, so we will also rely on you to bring the same passion to everything you do. Speaking of new technologies, we are currently using Cassandra and Hadoop.
Is this you?
• You’re a senior Java engineer who can confidently contribute at a senior-level. You can independently architect and develop products. In many cases, you’ve been the go-to for other developers and have likely been chosen by your managers to participate in new and/or complex projects.
• You like to produce well-tested code and at the very least are already in the habit of writing unit tests. Any experience you have working in fully test-driven and automated test / deployment environments will be very welcome.
• You have at least 5 years designing and developing high trafficked client facing web applications in Java.
• You’re well-grounded in your experience with Oracle databases but are also armed with the skills to help us transition to Cassandra and Hadoop.
• You have strong communication skills which enables you to work with various teams within and outside of your division.
• You’re confident in a Linux-based development/production environment (command line tools, shell scripting, etc.).
• You possess a Computer Science, Math degree, or have the equivalent practical experience of strong CS fundamentals and critical thinking.
We encourage you to visit www.mastertms.com to learn more about this exciting product.