Part of our global organization, successful candidate will join a strong production team in charge of Newedge Group’s trading platforms (Ullink / FIX, Sungard, Drop copy …). Under the direct supervision of the regional production manager, system’s engineers are working in shift rotation to provide 24/6 technical support for clients and internal traders. Best engineers will have the opportunity to take ownership on some critical systems and evolve as regional technical experts.
- Design, Install and maintain ISV applications / exchange gateways (server side)
- Take part of the regional shift and provides 2nd / 3rd level of support for all trading systems
- On-call rotation for the escalation of high priority issues (3rd level)
- Manage vendor related issues and software deliveries, coordinate internal testing and certification with various eSolutions groups.
- Pro-actively monitor Newedge trading infrastructure, promptly resolve incidents.
- Identify underlying problems, take ownership and follow up until full resolution.
- Be the expert for some major exchanges (manage doc, technology, projects …)
- Coordinate technical projects with other eTrading / IT departments (systems, networks…)
- Perform other duties or projects, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Degree in computer science or comparable work experience
- Unix systems proficiency (Linux, Solaris) – compulsory
- Demonstrates exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with general network concepts and hardware
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, react well under pressure
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) best practices (service management)
- Financial industry experience preferred (cash / derivative markets)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, assertive, self-reliant and strong customer service skills
- Sysadmin background strongly preferred
Series 3 certification is a plus but not required.
POSITION WITHIN HIERARCHY:
Reports to Manager of Tier 2 Support Americas
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY:
Moderate – tasks defined by manager, means left to engineer