Manufacturing Process Technician II (Third Shift) - 1301632
Sign-on bonus being offered!
Be a part of shaping our future! In the midst of rapidly growing populations, rising development around the world and increasing demand, the way we are managing energy and water resources will shape the future of our industry and our planet. Itron-s decades of experience is helping to ensure success in the critical challenge to realize a sustainable future. Itron is hiring and this opportunity may be your best career move yet!
Itron-s Owenton, Kentucky facility (gas meter manufacturing), centrally located between Cincinnati, Louisville and Lexington (www.northcentralky.com) is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Technician, who enjoys a fast paced environment and a hand in developing products that will be used in the conservation of energy. This candidate will perform functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks; performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies; use sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment; and determine and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
Shift Hours: Friday-Sunday 6pm-6am (third shift)
Duties and Responsibilities
- First response for troubleshooting automation equipment; Logic, Electronics, Pneumatics, Mechanics
- Maintain communication with production supervision and support staff regarding the status and capabilities of the equipment
- Enter data in spreadsheets and text files
- Assist Engineers and Support Staff on special projects
- Execution of process operations according to SOP's, troubleshooting and resolution of equipment issues and process disruptions, developing and implementing process improvements, performing process monitoring, and supporting investigations
- Understand all equipment capabilities, operation and methods within assigned areas to ensure superb product quality, process capability and efficiency
- Production data analysis such as Cp & Cpk capabilities for assigned equipment
- Evaluate recurring maintenance problems to determine root cause and then formulate a corrective action plan for implementation
- Maintain equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion following plant housekeeping guidelines and 5S methodology
- Operate forklift and other powered equipment in a safe and effective manner
This position requires proficiency with PLC programming and MS Office Suite and one of the following combinations of education and experience:
- 2-4 years of experience maintaining electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment and a relevant Associate-s degree OR
- 5-10 years of experience maintaining electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment and a relevant Technician Certification
- Statistical process controls (SPC)
- Robotics/Automation experience
- Similar experience in an automated or semi-automated factory/facility is highly desired
Education: Associate-s degree in Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation Technology or any relevant field.
Certification(s): Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Automation Professional (CAP), Control Systems (CST), Certified Production (CPT) or any relevant vocational certification.
Travel: 1 - 10%
Region: North America
Primary Location: Owenton
Employee Status: Regular
TAG: Manufacturing, Support
Department: Manufacturing, Support