Manufacturing Engineer II - 1301739
Be a part of shaping our future! In the midst of rapidly growing populations, rising development around the world and increasing demand, the way we are managing energy and water resources will shape the future of our industry and our planet. Itron-s decades of experience is helping to ensure success in the critical challenge to realize a sustainable future. Itron is hiring and this opportunity may be your best career move yet!
Itron-s Owenton KY (Natural Gas Meter & Regulator Facility), located between Cincinnati, Louisville and Lexington (www.northcentralky.com) is seeking a mid-level Industrial / Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer II. This position is for someone who enjoys being part of a great team and thrives on the challenges of maintaining ownership of production lines while developing new manufacturing equipment, processes and control systems. The individual in this position will be responsible for continuing to develop the facility into an automated / one-piece flow manufacturing center, leading large capital projects, designing production equipment, developing production systems for new product development and implementing lean techniques!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for in-house machining equipment / assembly / process / & machine selection.
- Completing cost reduction opportunities, and justifying capital spending.
- Troubleshooting production critical issues.
- Leads the development of new manufacturing equipment, processes, and controls.
- Performs statistical analysis studies on manufacturing processes. Identifies weakness, and improves.
- Will design, build, & implement improvements on new & existing workflow, fixture designs, and quality improvements.
- Works with complex mechanical products.
- Conducts time studies on existing production process, & estimates production requirements for new product introductions.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in a high volume manufacturing facility, developing equipment, processes and workflow.
- Manual / Semi-Automated Equipment Design
- Determining Product Costing / TMC / Time Studies / Routings
- Ability to Manage Multiple Large Projects Simultaneously
- AutoCAD & Minitab
- Lean Manufacturing
- Automation/Robotics Design & Implementation
- PLC - Ladder Logic Programming, Labview, Visual Basic, C#
- Machining Experience
- Developing 5S & Lean Programs
- Capital Project Management
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial or Engineering Technology or related field is required
Certification(s): Preferred Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Green / Black Belt
Travel: 1 - 10%
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel small and medium sized components. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to lift weight or exert force up to 50 pounds. The employee in this position works in an environment where they may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, there is a risk of electrical shock, and there is vibration. The employee may be required to work with toxic or caustic chemicals, may be subject to higher noise levels, or work near moving mechanical parts.
Region: North America
Primary Location: Owenton
Employee Status: Regular
TAG: Manufacturing, Support
Department: Manufacturing, Support