The Deployment Specialist is responsible for the evaluation, testing and deployment of telecom, software and network products. This person will develop test plans to validate functionality, performance, and impact and then execute the deployment to inContact’s production environments. As an integral contributor to the overall uptime SLA this person designs and executes both manual and automated test cases to ensure the highest level of performance and stability before a new product is introduced to the production environment. This individual will clearly outline the level of risk associated with a deployment and work to mitigate that risk prior to a production release.
This Is What You'll Be Doing:
- 10+ years in Windows Server Administration
- 10+ years installing/configuring server hardware and OS
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Domains, Active Directory, DNS, Mail, DNS
- Experience managing Storage Area Networks
- Experience using OS imaging software
- Solid foundation in Layer-2 and Layer-3 switching
- Experience working with Management Systems and SNMP
Successful Candidates Will Have The Following Education, Experience & Skills:
- Experience managing HP branded servers and SAN
- Solaris/Linux administration
- Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Experience managing VMware environment
- Act as an internal consultant role across the enterprise providing architectural perspective and vision, in addition to deep analysis and problem-solving where needed.
- Identify important potential technologies and approaches to address current and future needs within the enterprise, and evaluate their applicability and fit, as well as leading the definition of standards and best-practices for their use.
- Provide hands-on application of technologies and processes to support proof-of-concept development, review of critical systems and training to other teams within the organization.
- Communicate detailed technical information in both written and verbal form across a wide range of audiences, including business stakeholders, users, developers, project management, and other architects.
- Collaborate with colleagues, customers, vendors, and other parties to understand and develop architectural solutions across the enterprise.
- Lead and/or facilitate the development of appropriate standards and best practices, in addition to the paths by which they may be achieved and monitored.
- Develop a sound understanding of existing systems and processes, their strengths and limitations, and the current and future needs of the environment in which they exist. Provide vision on how they may be improved and developed.
- Understand and explain the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluate the impact of changes or additions to the environment.
- Participate in the evaluation and/or selection of solutions or products, including requirements definition, vendor and product evaluations.
- Actsas a local expert for areas of domain expertise.
- Act as an escalation point for technical teams and provides hands on expertise.
- Apply strong analysis, research and problem-solving skills across a wide array of systems and situations, including those which may be unfamiliar, in order to address critical issues.
Successful candidates will have the following education, experience and skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required.MSCA, MCSE, CCNA certifications preferred.