The Manager Network Engineering will be responsible for planning and design of inContact’s network and systems infrastructure to support our customer product offerings. This position will lead a team of architects and engineers with specialties in IP networking, Microsoft and UNIX systems.
- Provide technical and project leadership regarding networks, systems expansions, upgrades and validation of computer hardware and software ensuring the most effective use of equipment and human resources.
- Provide insight into technical designs to ensure solutions developed are consistent with strategic business plans.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the Operations department’s goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and firing for the department.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to technical support team individuals. Assess performance, maximize productivity and promote teamwork.
- Develop training programs and provide growth paths. Foster positive employee relations.
- Develop and foster a team atmosphere that exhibits teamwork within the department and with other departments.
- Develop and manage to a plan that promotes a sense of urgency throughout the team when working on projects or tasks with other departments and with our external customers.
- Develop and promote an environment where the department lives and breathes our company's core values.
- Effectively communicate with other departments to determine the network system requirements, develop a plan and effectively execute the plan of the technical support projects.
- Design and implementation of the production service environment. The major systems include Windows 2000/2003/2008, Solaris, UNIX and LINUX operation environments.
- Evaluate, develop, and deploy the network systems required by clients and provide direction and supervision of the network technical support staff.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Systems, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 12+ years data networks and systems experience.
- 5+ years of management experience having had worked with systems, network and operations personnel as direct reports.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to meet and set short term and long-term objectives for self and assigned team.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and plans with well-reasoned decision and minimal supervision.
- High degree of computer degree of computer literacy, fluent with Microsoft Office, and inContact applications.
- High degree of technical knowledge and experience in Telecom and data communications.