Internet Brands is looking for an experienced software development manager to help us build the next generation of dealer lead management, car research, and shopping products for CarsDirect.com. As Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading our team of engineers in the design, development, testing, and deployment of sites and services for CarsDirect.com. You will be expected to operate at all levels: diving deep into details while providing strategic input for the product. You will be a key player in driving strategic planning, project execution, development of engineering talent, and the ongoing operation and improvement of the product.
A successful candidate will have strong business and technical vision, a background in developing customer-facing experiences, strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, solid analysis skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager.
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts.
- Define the architectural roadmap for CarsDirect.com and the accompanying sites and services; taking into account our product roadmap, in-house and open-source technologies and platforms, and industry best practices.
- Mentor, manage and support a development team of 15+ engineers.
- Document and communicate project technical requirements and designs.
- Own and collaborate with stakeholders on platform architecture.
- 7+ years of relevant development experience, including 3+ years managing people.
- Exceptional coding skills in Java, C++, or PHP, and a deep understanding of object-oriented design and web architecture.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and process improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
To apply, please visit: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=985
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, as well as a fun casual work environment in the Los Angeles area (El Segundo - near LAX). Check us out: www.InternetBrands.com
About Internet Brands, Inc.:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands (www.internetbrands.com) is an innovative online media company that operates media, community, and e-commerce websites in consumer categories including automotive, health, shopping, and travel. We also create and license leading social media software and applications.
Internet Brands’ network of 200+ websites reaches more than 90 million unique visitors each month. Our network is ranked one of the Top 50 most popular web properties on the Internet by comScore. Our Automotive and Home portfolios rank in the Top 5 most-visited properties in their respective categories as ranked by comScore, and our websites have received dozens of awards from publications including Time Magazine, MSNBC, PC World, and Forbes.
Manager of Application Development, Tech, App Dev, Web Application, Online Media, Los Angeles, Tech Jobs, Technology, Internet, Lead, Manager, Director, Java, PM, Project Manager, Product, PHP, SDLC, .Net, Scrum, Agile