The aggressively growing Microsoft division of the Midwest's leading consultative technology partner is looking to expand our family with top-tier talent, in the St. Louis metro with a Microsoft Design Architect.
Candidate will have a well rounded, working, knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Microsoft Server and Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) features including virtualization, instant messaging, presence, LiveMeeting remote access and federation configuration. He or she will also be familiar with a number of advanced features, including high availability, disaster recovery, Enterprise Voice, PBX integration, SIP trunking and/or third party audio, web, and video conferencing solutions and their interfaces to OCS.
Core Job Responsibilities:
* Applies knowledge and previous experience in Microsoft Active Directory, infrastructure solutions, messaging and Unified Communications areas to perform configuration, testing, and deployment of all Microsoft virtualization, Exchange and OCS server roles and related technologies.
* Applies knowledge and previous experience in Microsoft System Center suite.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
* Stay current with new conferencing/collaboration technologies and architectures.
* Analyze and interpret data captures/logs, process output, and technical information to perform troubleshooting of lab or production environments.
* Apply good time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks at the same time.
* Ability to implement, and manage Microsoft Exchange, OCS 2010 or later and MS Server infrastructure.
* Has participated in multiple MS infrastructure and OCS 2010 or later projects by consulting, implementing, and/or migrating.
* Candidates should have a good technical background with 1+ years of Industry experience in Microsoft OCS 2010 or later, preferably R2.
* 5 years experience deploying Microsoft Infrastructure. Only individuals that meet these requirements and qualifications will be considered qualified for this position and considered a candidate.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft*s infrastructure, messaging and collaboration products, including Exchange Unified Messaging.
* A BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and MCSE preferred
* Strong Technical background in the area of Microsoft infrastructure, networking, storage, and server design
* Experience with PBXs and other telecommunications provider solutions is desired
* Experience with Microsoft System Center products is desired
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve, identify alternative solutions, and communicate best practices
* Strong research skills
* Good written and verbal communication.
* Good presentation and communications skills
* Good interpersonal skills in working with others
Experience of at least 3 years in Systems Engineering is required. Only individuals that meet these requirements and qualifications will be considered qualified for this position and considered a candidate.