A Systems Center Management Technologies (SCCM) Engineer’s primary responsibilities include providing on-site technical support solutions for customer service delivery and availability, while ensuring satisfaction with Microsoft software on the client and server.
The successful candidate will be capable of providing technical support presence.
The System Center Engineer acts as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Product Support Services and corporate customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of management.
The candidate will provide technical support including product technical training onsite, as well as via telephone, and electronic media.
Candidate must be able to manage hot issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, being available 24x7 and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
Recommended qualifications include:
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the System Engineer level;
- exceptional customer service, overall communication and technical writing skills.
- Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level;
- Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of nationwide team of engineers;
- Demonstrated aptitude for providing exceptional customer service in politically charged environments;
- Ability to enhance the technical expertise of peers via the development of product training, mentoring of new hires, and team content development;
- Ability to apply technology to improve existing products and systems at customers and for internal use;
- Ability to actively participate in team support by proposing and implementing solutions;
- Assist in developing strategies to gain additional Premier support accounts by contacting and establishing relationships with Premier Support Managers and Technical Account Managers.
Technical Requirements (SCCM):
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, and internet fundamentals.
- A superior knowledge and demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Systems Center.
- Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2008 and forward with experience in managing medium to large environments.
- The candidate should be able to troubleshoot all aspects of SCCM effectively and understand the product flow patch management, software distribution and logging in detail.
- Applicants should also have similar skills in SMS 2008.
- In addition, experience in other Microsoft Management technologies, including Active Directory services (AD), Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) and/or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Essentials and WSUS is desired.
Secondary expertise in at least one of the following:
- Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, clustering, scripting e.g. VB or Powershell, SQL- both management and querying, WMI and IIS.
- Knowledge of the following would be advantageous: SCOM Solution Accelerators, SNMP, SCOM Connectors and the SCOM Connector Framework, and the model based architecture in SCOM 2008 and forward, MDT (BDD), Powershell, repackaging applications and virtualization of OS and applications (App-V).
A 4-year technical degree or equivalent work experience, plus 3 years of experience in technical support in an Enterprise environment is required.
- Demonstrated technical competence with Active Directory, Platform Technologies and infrastructure services are required.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Server, Identity Management, Security, and Client Technologies are essential.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customer managers and executives on technical and mission issues.
- Strong organization, time management, project management and negotiation skills desired.
The position will require some travel to customer’s sites up to 25% of the time.