An exciting career in the Kudelski Group awaits you!
Be a part of a team creating the digital television experiences of tomorrow. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to help us build the foundation for next generation television and contribute to the success of our worldwide customers.
Job Title: Sr. QA Engineer (Systems)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Reports to: Sr. QA Manager
Integrated to the QA department, your mission will be to act as a consultative advisor to customers, defining test systems for their networks, embedded with OpenTV software solutions. You will be able to articulate the system requirements to the customers and internal remote QA/Engineering teams.
- Serve as technology consultant; provide input and consultation on organizational and corporate objectives in terms of quality
- Involve in setting up QA roadmap. Use independent judgment to determine course of action and accomplish goals and objectives
- Define approach to test entire systems with quality attributes and goals of product
- Define standards, guidelines, methodologies, metrics of testing environments along with test strategy & test tools
- Design, plan, execute, monitor, and improve testing process for a testing engagement
- Work on unusually complex and sensitive problems and provides, highly creative, state of the art solutions
- Track emerging Quality technologies and assess
- Partner with Architecture team to develop formal and informal processes
Experience & Background:
- Minimum 5-7 years of software testing experience, preferable in Real-time embedded software systems
- Demonstrate analytical and creative, systems thinking and quantitative/statistical thinking capabilities
- Ability to understand the goals of an organization and suggest a test architecture, process and technological improvements; along with alternative approaches and benefits of the same
- Ability to define the framework for entire test life cycle testing processes
- Ability to analyze risks and provide mitigation plans
- Ability to analyze test requirements and provide a solution in terms of test approach and design, suggested tools, etc.
- Experience architecting and building automated testing frameworks
- Demonstrable track record of driving large-scale projects to successful completion
- Solid programming experience of using languages like C/C++, Java, Perl and etc. in a cross platform environment (Linux /Windows)
- Experience of the software development lifecycle Knowledge of Digital TV broadcasting standards (MPEG, DVB-SI) is a plus
- Experience of smart TV, internet TV and internet streaming is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to easily travel internationally
- This position is not visa sponsored
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus