Are you a Rock Star Sr. Software Test Engineer with a passion for ensuring quality, integrity, performance and design of the framework of the system that you work with? Are you a talented enough as a programmer to write production enterprise architecture code, but are more passionate about the software testing career and write code to develop testing frameworks and automate test cases? As a Quality Assurance Analyst, do you care deeply about product quality, end-user experience and all of the details that make it possible? As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, are you a leader in the constant improvement of your team’s test automation practices at the unit, services/integration, and UI layers by mentoring others on techniques and methodologies to create only high quality, value-added test cases? Do you enjoy sharing your brilliant ideas and having fun with your co-workers every day and are the Most Valuable Player on your Quality Assurance team? Apply today to join Ultimate Software’s award winning Product Development Team in Weston, FL.
This is the opportunity for the right Senior Quality Assurance expert (also known as SDET in the industry) with a talent and passion for coding, to join Ultimate Software’s award-winning Development team where you will participate in the design, implementation and testing of innovative cloud based Enterprise Human Capital Management software solutions. As a Software Quality Engineer, you will be an essential member of a cutting edge agile team that is focused specifically on improving and enhancing the architecture of our next generation application which is built on the .Net platform. As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will be working together with some of the most highly skilled Software Architects in the software development business to create incredibly high quality software for our customers.
Ultimate is ranked #20 in FORTUNE's 100 'Best Places to Work For in 2014’. Ultimate is the top ranked cloud provider as well as the only HCM provider on the list. This is the third year in a row we have been listed on FORTUNE’s list. We were ranked #9 in 2013 and #25 in 2012. This helps explain why Ultimate Software is able to attract the country’s top talent—we pride ourselves on treating our entire team so well, they never want to leave!
Apply Now to join our Award Winning Product Development Team!
- Work in a cutting edge agile software development environment as a Senior Software Test Engineer ensurimg the quality of the architecture of our Enterprise software application
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of our product architecture and as a Quality Assurance Analyst, become part of our ongoing feature and enhancement development effort
- Communicate with product analyst in creating acceptance tests as part of the requirements, and execute those tests manually, as well as automate them
- Manage the scrum team's test case inventory
- Write automated tests at the unit, services/integration, and UI layers, using C#, MBUnit, Fitnesse, and many more of the software automation tools including your own
- Provide technical guidance, when needed to other members of Quality Assurance, Software Engineering, Product Management and Product Support
- Work proactively with members of an Agile team to find and fix defects in our product architecture
- Produce and maintain test coverage reports for functional and automation coverage
- Analyze defects / test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure
- Provide feedback on how to improve our product solutions, tools and other technical software features
- Participate in the constant improvement of our Test Automation, and Continuous Integration practices
- Write SQL code as part of data setup, as well as to verify test results in manual and automated testing
- Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner to scrum team
- Minimum 3 years of experience with QA methodologies and software testing
- Working knowledge of software test case design techniques like boundary value, decision table, pairwise, state transition, use case testing
- Ability to write intermediate SQL code
- Ability to write code in an object-oriented language, such as C#, Java, Ruby, C++, VB.Net
- Understand quality assurance methodologies and the principles of software design
- Experience developing and executing test plans
- Self-motivated team player with strong problem solving skills
- Strong initiative to improve processes, tools, methodologies, and overall quality of the product
- Any Agile Software Development experience such as Kanban, Scrum, Test First Development, Test Driven Development, Extreme Programming
- Experience using automated testing tools like xUnit, Selenium, FitNesse, Mercury QTP, Loadrunner, Watir, Watin, Fit and/or other test automation tools
- Knowledge of white box testing techniques like basis path using cyclomatic complexity, control flow and data flow a plus
- Experience developing your own testing tools to facilitate testing a plus