Database Developer What Drives You?
We share your drive.
- Career paths with opportunities to learn vital roles and skills?
- Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
- Professional satisfaction and helping others
- A workspace that is dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
DriveTime is more than a company. We’re a true team of strong, highly motivated performers that is committed to ensuring the success of each customer—and of each professional. If you have a real passion for continual learning and growth, are flexible enough to handle various roles, and feel compelled to do what you know is right, we may have an excellent opportunity for you.
Exciting Software Development Capabilities.
At DriveTime, data is our most valuable asset. We have a large environment with many online transactional systems that we use to operate our business and to gather data. We use that data in our warehouse to make strategic decisions with analysis and predictive modeling techniques. At DriveTime we use the latest technologies to enable our business to be a leader in the automotive industry. We use the latest web development tools to develop in the cloud with Microsoft Azure and on premises. We use the latest connectivity techniques with entity framework to interact with SQL server. Informatica PowerCenter is our application and BI integration ETL tool that enables our business analytics.
Database Development Role.
As a Database Developer, you will use the latest techniques in agile development to design, implement, and maintain our operational and reporting database systems. The Database Developer role is responsible for OLTP application data integration and master data management (MDM). You will work with a team of talented Developers, Analysts and Business people to create software solutions that will be shared across many of our systems. As part of the team you are responsible for participating in business process flow, application architecture design, platform selection and application analysis. Your role on the team will also require you to analyze data flow and how the application data can be used within our Business Intelligence (BI) layer in our data warehouse. Daily Responsibilities.
Keys to success.
- Work with an agile team consisting of Application Developers, Database Developers, Business Analysts and Business People to create and develop operational software and analytical data for BI
- Think analytically and solve complex business problems within a team
- Model database solutions using MDM techniques and shared services standards
- Provide production support for operational and reporting systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting our nightly batch cycles (1 week rotation 24 x 7 every 2 months)
- Investigate, troubleshoot and correct data and user related system errors
- Participate in team lunch and learns, design sessions, and code reviews
- Work on teams consisting of internal and external resources on project deliverables
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Optional Qualifications & Experience.
- 1+ years experience in developing Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 R2 solutions or another relational database (such as Oracle)
- Advanced grasp of Relational database design and Master Data Management (MDM) concepts
- Advanced understanding of OLTP and OLAP/BI/DWH concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Advanced Understanding of performance tuning and database constraint concepts such as indexes, primary keys etc
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
- 1+ years experience with Informatica PowerCenter 8.x/9.x targeting a relational database engine (eg. MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase etc.) or 1+ years experience with Microsoft Integration Services 2005/2008
- 1+ years experience with Microsoft Reporting Services 2005/2008 R2
- 1+ years experience with Microsoft Analysis Services 2008
- 1+ years experience with SharePoint 2007/2010 BI integration
- MCP Certification on SQL Server 2005/2008
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
Money: Great competitive pay! Benefits: Outstanding medical, dental and vision plans (After just 60 days)! 401K match too! 16 days of PTO first year. 20 days after three years. 24 days after five years.
Future: We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career. Connect With Us
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a tobacco-free workplace. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 10 pounds up to 60 feet.
- Requires sitting for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to communicate over the phone to customers
- Requires typing for extended periods of time.