Exciting Software Development Capabilities.
At DriveTime, data is our most valuable asset. We have a large environment with many online transactional systems that we use to operate our business and to gather data. We use that data in our warehouse to make strategic decisions with analysis and predictive modeling techniques. At DriveTime we use the latest technologies to enable our business to be a leader in the automotive industry. We use the latest web development tools to develop in the cloud with Microsoft Azure and on premise. We use the latest connectivity techniques with entity framework to interact with SQL server. Informatica PowerCenter is our application and BI integration ETL tool that enables our business analytics.
- Work with an agile team consisting of Application Developers, Database Developers, Business Analysts and Business People to create and develop operational processes and software as well as ETL of OLTP data for analytical/BI reporting
- Think analytically and solve complex business problems within a team
- Model database solutions using MDM techniques and shared services standards
- Provide production support for operational and reporting systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting our nightly batch cycles (1 week rotation 24 x 7 every 2 months)
- Investigate, troubleshoot and correct data and user related system errors
- Participate in team lunch and learns, design sessions, and code reviews
- Work on teams consisting of internal and external resources on project deliverables
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Keys to success.
- 2+ years experience in developing Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 solutions or another relational database (such as Oracle)
- Advanced grasp of Relational database design and Master Data Management (MDM) concepts
- Advanced understanding of OLTP and OLAP/BI/DWH concepts
- Advanced Understanding of performance tuning and database constraint concepts such as indexes, primary keys, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
Optional Qualifications & Experience.
- 1+ year experience with Informatica PowerCenter 8.x/9.x targeting a relational database engine (MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc.) or 1+ year experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2005/2008
- 1+ years experience with Microsoft Reporting Services 2005/2008 R2
- MCP Certification on SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.