Exciting Software Development Capabilities.
At GO Financial, a subsidiary of DriveTime, data is our most valuable asset. We have a large multi company environment with many online transactional systems that we use to operate our business and to gather data. We use that data in our warehouse to make strategic decisions with analysis and predictive modeling techniques. We use the latest technologies to enable our business to be a leader in the automotive finance industry. We use the latest web development tools to develop in the cloud with Microsoft Azure and on premise. We use the latest connectivity techniques with entity framework to interact with SQL server. Informatica PowerCenter is our application and BI integration ETL tool that enables our business analytics.
- Lead the data governance and architecture design effort for the BI Data Services Team and maintain modeling standards across all solutions for the data warehouse environment.
- Think analytically to understand complex business events for data sourcing and creating meaningful artifacts for Analytics.
- Analyze conditions and identify strategies that minimize implementation risk and/or improve system reliability and performance.
- Resolve discrepancies in data element definitions that arise from multiple business processes across multiple data domains.
- Work jointly with the BI Analysts to understand operational business processes and analytical reporting needs.
- Engage OLTP development teams to ensure systems are architected with analytical elements to enable agile data warehouse development.
- Utilize Informatica to construct enterprise level ETL procedures, ensuring data integrity and proper data transformations to load data from source systems into target data structures within the warehouse.
- Utilize SSAS to design multi-dimensional data cubes for financial analytics data mining.
- Development reports utilizing SSRS and SharePoint 2013 tools (PerformancePoint, PowerPivot, PowerView, Excel)
- Utilize DEV/TEST/PROD environments for Informatica and SQL Server 2012, adhering to change management requirements for system implementations.
- Manage code with Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server.
- Participate in team lunch and learns, design sessions, and code reviews.
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting our nightly batch cycles (1 week rotation 24 x 7 every 2 months).
- Strong mentoring and coaching to team.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 solutions or another relational database (such as Oracle)
- 3+ years’ experience Informatica PowerCenter 8.x/9.x targeting a relational database engine (MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc.) or 1+ year experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2005/2008/2012
- 3+ years advanced experience with Microsoft Reporting Services 2005/2008/2012
- 1+ year of SSAS cube development
- 1+ year of development/integration with SharePoint/PerformancePoint/PowerPivot/Dashboards
- Advanced understanding of Relational and Dimensional modeling
- Advanced understanding of performance tuning and database constraint concepts such as indexes, primary keys, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Developing negotiation and persuasion skills; ability to facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices. The architects code must be worthy of being held up as an example for others to follow, in terms of readability, consistency, adherence to standards, and performance.
- Recognizes good opportunities for code and module reuse, and ensures that the code is designed and implemented accordingly.
- Ability to review the designs, code and test plans of other engineers and developers.
- Strong listening skills; ability to capture requirements expressed in design meetings.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to type for extended periods of time.
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment.
DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace. EOE