Tresys is looking for a Mobile Device Reverse Engineer who is skilled working in the full scope of mobile and embedded device operating systems and applications security analysis. The individual will apply their expertise to isolate, research, and exploit vulnerabilities on hardened devices. This individual is also responsible for documenting their findings and creating recommendations for improved device security. You can participate in the design and development of the safest mobile device available.
Foundational Requirements (Minimums):
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field and 4 years experience. Candidates with at least 6 years of strong related work experience will also be considered.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security background investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Secret Clearance is preferred.
- Willing to travel if needed (~10%).
- Software reverse engineering experience. IDAPro experience preferred. ARM experience a plus.
- Interest in computer and information security and information assurance
- Background or interest in research
- Experience with software development using procedural and object-oriented programming languages. C preferred.
- Scripting language skills. Python preferred.
- Analysis, testing, and debugging skills for software
- Experience in developing for embedded systems, Android application development preferred. Android operating system/frameworks development experience a plus. Bootloader and kernel experience a plus.
- Exploit development. C, Java, or shellcode preferred.
- Additional Skills would be great to have: Hardware skills. Includes use of lab equipment, such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and logic analyzers. Circuit modification and rework. Understanding of hardware design. Hardware-level security exploits, such as signal injection and side-channel analysis. ARM assembly code development. Experience with RF communication protocols.
The following skills are Desired:
Tresys Technology is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems at all layers (boot, kernel space, user space)
- Familiarity with wireless/mobile technologies
- Knowledge of general security principles, protocols, and infrastructures
- Understanding of consumer electronics devices
- High level of personal organization, persistence, and attention to detail