For mobile users where the risk of intruders is even greater, security is paramount. The addition of security apps or layering of mobile device management will never be enough. What is needed is security built into the foundation of the operating system. Tresys is building Android™ devices that add security where it is most needed. We are starting at the kernel by incorporating Security Enhancements for Android (SE For Android). From there, we are adding security to the core frameworks and services to provide stronger separation of apps, comprehensive control over data ingress and egress, and secure communications.
We are looking for candidates ranging from Junior level Android Kernel Developers to strong Senior Android Kernel Security Architects with SE for Android experience. If you are an exceptional developer who likes a strong team environment and want your work to result in securing people’s data as they travel the world, join our team.
We will provide:
- Interesting problems at the heart of mobile and operating system security.
- A small business work environment where creative thinking, expert software development skills, and team work are highly valued.
- The freedom and autonomy you need to tackle challenging technical problems.
- Leadership that understands the challenge of creating a mobile platform that provides real security and can still succeed in a complex emerging market.
- Customers that need secure devices today to accomplish important work and missions.
What we need from you:
- Obsessive need to solve Linux and Android issues, including the low-level details (kernel development, device porting, mobile hardware, low-level libraries, Android frameworks, etc.).
- Insatiable curiosity about development at all levels of the mobile stack, from the hardware to apps.
- Creativity and a proven track record of finding and implementing solutions to real problems. You will be asked to make contributions to architecture, design, and implementation. You must be able to independently identify technical problems, research and define solutions, and then implement practical software that can be shipped as part of products and solutions.
- Strong security background. Ideally, you will have experience with operating system security and applied cryptography. However, other security backgrounds, such as penetration testing or forensics, are acceptable as long as you have enough security experience to quickly understand and contribute to our approach.
- Strong software development skills – ideally including C, Java, Python, and, git / repo / Gerrit.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Complex software development is a team exercise and we need people that can find the answers and then help others understand.
Foundational Requirements (Minimums):
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field and 3 years experience. Candidates with at least 5 years of strong related work experience will also be considered.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a Government security background investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship. Secret clearance preferred.
- Willing to travel (~10%).