DESKTOP VIRTUALIZATION ENGINEER
Our client is seeking a Desktop Virtualization Engineer for a full-time opportunity in Austin, TX.
- Work with other departments to architect solutions that leverage the latest virtualization, storage, and networking technologies.
- Serve as subject matter expert in the virtual desktop space.
- Characterize, compare, and contrast virtual environments with different virtualization stacks and remoting protocols.
- Create and maintain solution whitepapers.
- Present and maintain virtualization environments for executive presentations/demos.
- Broad set of technical and solutions architecture skills are required.
- Working knowledge of major desktop and server virtualization technologies.
- Working knowledge of enterprise network and storage infrastructures and architectures.
- Specialized certifications such as Microsoft Virtualization Certification (MVC) or VMware Certified Professional (VCP) are a plus.
- Strong experience with Microsoft; Linux is a plus.
- Hands-on scripting experience is a plus.
- Able to articulate succinctly and persuasively.
- Able to multitask and work in a team or as an individual contributor.
- Willing to travel to customer and technology partner locations on occasion.
- BS or equivalent degree in a related field
ConnectTel is a dynamic software company located in the heart of Austin, Texas for over 16 years. We are a preferred outsourcing company for a variety of leading technology companies, from start-ups to Fortune 500. Our goal is to deliver the highest quality of talent and solutions to solve our clients’ most difficult problems by utilizing innovative tools and technologies.
As a team member, you can take advantage of the following benefits:
Simple IRA (with matching)
Voluntary Life Benefits
Voluntary Short Term Disability Benefits
Employee Referral Programs
Employee Training Opportunities
An Inside Track to New and Exciting Projects
ConnectTel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.