Lead Operations Engineer - DevOps
We are looking for an experienced Lead Operations Engineer with Rackspace 2.0 (preferred) or AWS/EC2 experience to join our engineering team. As part of the DevOps team supporting application development/deployment you will work closely with our cloud, services and user-interface architects to design and implement cloud scale systems that provide excellent service and availability to our customers.
Skills & Requirements
- Work with the team to design and build scalable systems that support high traffic web services and back-end tools and applications.
- Plan and execute projects to improve production infrastructure, use DC automation with chef and DC orchestration technology.
- Build-out secured and highly available data centers around the world.
- Perform and automate production deployments.
- Design and implement monitoring and alerting for production systems used by dev/ops staff.
- Work closely with developers and other staff to solve dev/ops issues with customer facing services, tools and apps.
- Schedule, communicate and execute maintenance windows.
- Build security and automation into all layers of the infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline.
- At least 5-7 years experience in professional software development teams with usage of version control tools, software debuggers, and formal project management methods (Agile preferred)
- Good teamwork skills and initiative to solve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ideal candidates will have:
- More than 5 years experience in a Linux-based development environment, with at least 3 years experience using Windows.
- Experience administering large-scale web applications, thousands of servers: apache, WebSphere, glassfish, OpenMQ, RabbitMQ, Oracle, MySQL.
- Experience automating large scale data centers with at least one of: puppet, cfengine, chef, capistrano etc
- Experience administering mission-critical Linux systems (Red Hat EL etc).
- Production data center experience: firewalls, load balancers (f5), nginx, HAproxy etc.
- Able to use best practices to maintain, monitor and optimize production database servers (MySQL cluster/replication)
- Able to capture and analyze performance metrics with munin, hyperic
- Scripting languages, python, ruby, bash, php, node.js.
- Experience using as many of the following : chef, GlassFish, Vagrant, OpenStack, and CloudStack
ConnectTel is a dynamic software company located in the heart of Austin, Texas for over 16 years. We are a preferred outsourcing company for a variety of leading technology companies, from start-ups to Fortune 500. Our goal is to deliver the highest quality of talent and solutions to solve our clients’ most difficult problems by utilizing innovative tools and technologies.
ConnectTel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.