Work with a global leader in cloud computing technology on the Amazon Web Services platform. Our dynamic team is looking to grow in our Somerset, NJ development center. Great benefits, opportunity for growth, and exposure to leading edge cloud technology.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX systems (Linux, Redhat, Solaris).
- Cloud or Virtualization technology experience (VMWare, AWS, Xen and KVM).
- Knowledge of, or exposure to Storage Systems (NFS shares and ISCSI a big plus).
- Some networking experience -routers, switches, firewalls (Juniper or Force 10 are a big plus).
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the entire technology stack.
- Solid research skills with an emphasis on finding and using information quickly.
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and skills as required by the task at hand.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, team player mentality.
- 4 year degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Responsible for day-to-day customer care and administration of customers using our cloud services.(Dedicated ESX, and AWS).
- Respond to customer facing tickets after escalation from NOC, or respond via phone directly, for customers having issues or requesting service on these solutions.
- Work within a global support team framework, covering 24x7x365 cloud operations.
- Able to write effective handoff and takeover from shift-to-shift for cloud support issues.
- Able to assign and collaborate with other Cloud Support Engineers for the best customer experience based on skillset - e.g. ensure the right expertise is on an issue (AWS, CloudStack, VMware, etc).
- Provide expertise and front-line support of the Cloud Customer Portal and related services.
- Provide expertise in one or many of the following cloud and virtualization products: VMware, KVM, XenServer, AWS, CloudStack.
- Coordinate with other Managed Services teams to handoff build/provisioning guidance to complete customer orders where managed service support is request.
- Coordinate with other Managed Services teams where cloud & virtualization specific issues are escalated.
- Responsible for general health and maintenance of cloud service offerings, leveraging teams where appropriate (ie. VMware clusters, CloudStack management environments, etc).
- Contribute to new products and feature enhancements and documentation as requested/available.
- Provide advice and information to customers and colleagues regarding Amazon Web Services and general cloud infrastructure as a service offerings and best practices
- Produce written designs and documentation regarding proposed or actual cloud deployments
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer deployment issues using email, phone, and web conference technology.
- Keep apprised of new Amazon Web Services and general cloud offerings.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizen, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law.