The position requires strong communication, analytical and creative skills as well as experience developing innovative FPGA based solutions combining both hardware and software development.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for hardware based solutions.
- Interact with users and external vendors for requirements gathering and procurement.
- Develop complex FPGA solutions for custom financial and mathematical applications.
- Expert knowledge of FPGA architecture design in VHDL and/or Verilog
- Hardware architecture design and development.
- Knowledge of embedded systems (architectures and design principles).
- Knowledge of both digital design and software design methodologies.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate effectively to co-workers with varied backgrounds across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and numerous business priorities.
- Willingness to learn the intricacies of a world-class financial trading floor environment.
- Highly effective decision making.
- Willingness to complete designs from specification, design, system test and production roll out.
- Heavy attention to detail balanced with a big picture view
- Xilinx Virtex 4/5 architecture and design experience.
- Complex system level simulation using Modelsim or equivalent.
- Testbench Generation.
- XST and/or Synplify PRO synthesis tool configuration.