Reports to: Vice President, Technology Operations
Status: Exempt, Full Time
Walz Group is the nation’s premier provider of Compliance Advisory Services, Critical Document Technology™ and Document Fulfillment Services for highly regulated industries. Walz’s software, technology and outsourcing platform enables clients in various industries to communicate with their counterparties (such as borrowers, attorneys, taxpayers, customers, etc.) according to the compliance requirements mandated by federal and state regulations.
Walz has been the recipient of multiple awards for high growth and technology excellence, including three consecutive years in the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S, the Deloitte North American Technology Fast 500 as well as being ranked in the Top 100 Business Services firms by Inc. Magazine, with various additional nominations for Growth and Entrepreneurship .
Over 2,500 of the nation's premier financial institutions, government agencies, law firms and insurance companies use Walz’s technology for their critical compliance documents, including 35 of the Fortune 100, all 4 of the Top 4 Banks, 18 of the Top 25 Mortgage Servicers and 105 of the AmLaw 200.
The Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the Walz proprietary applications align with business and client requirements, to include applications that support internal business operations and external client facing systems. This position has a significant role in understanding client requirements and defining the data mapping necessary for proper integration into Walz systems. This position serves in a liaison role between respective business departments and the Technology department. The Business Analyst acts as the subject matter expert on respective applications understanding product capabilities, and understanding client template and data requirements. The role is responsible for coordinating between business and development teams to ensure client customization aligns with client requirements, and product(s) are updated and maintained in alignment with business and/or client functionality. This position focuses on the business operational effectiveness and overall quality of the client experience, where the client may be an internal business unit and/or an external client. This individual must be able to understand both the business operations and the technology to be effective in this role.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business, client, and end-user systems and requirements
- Review & analyze client business rules and data mapping requirements
- Coordinate with the business to understand internal business operational processes, workflows, and initiatives
- Coordinate with the business to understand external revenue-generating client service offerings, requirements, and strategic direction
- Consult with the business to determine business, functional, and technical requirements for specified applications and/or client customization
- Serve as a primary liaison between the business and the Technology departments for defining technology solutions for Walz clients and internal business units
- Act as a technical advisor to the business for assigned projects and/or products
- Assist in defining technical solutions that align with business strategies and understand the business implications of technology solutions
- Translate client and/or business needs, processes, and concepts into clear, concise development and/or technology requirements
- Prepare clear requirements and specification documents as applicable to enable client custom development and/or product enhancements and defect fixes in alignment with client and/or business requirements
- Collaborate with development team members to ensure client and/or business requirements are clearly understood and incorporated into development activities
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to ensure product Test Strategy and Test Cases for client and/or product releases are inclusive of pertinent business use cases
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing with the business and/or client when applicable
- Serve as an escalation resource for Ops Support, QA, and development team members as applicable verify data output and/or address functional inquiries
- Collaborate with Account Management team and/or PMO on project prioritization providing input from client and/or business perspective
- Support established project and development life cycle processes
- Assist in development and maintenance of business process and product documentation, to include workflow/process documents, technical documents, and user guides
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Sense of humor with a desire to make work fun and enjoyable
- Demonstrated expertise in a business analyst role, with a strong focus on data analysis
- Strong attention to detail mandatory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Must have strong inter-personal skills, with an ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical personnel and business personnel at all levels
- Proven interest in presenting ideas for process improvement with willingness to accept existing practices or alternate views for process enhancements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Solid understanding and familiarity with technology concepts and systems required
- Proven technical proficiency working within an application development environment
- Ability to read and understand C# and SQL, ability to write code not required, but able to review & understand code beneficial
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies, including SCRUM a plus
- Demonstrated ability to estimate work accurately and produce deliverables on time per established project plans
- Team player with a positive attitude, and professional demeanor
- Prior project management experience beneficial
- Proficiency in the MS Office product suite, to include Visio required
- Must be able to learn quickly, be flexible, and able to adapt to change
- Must be a self starter and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to rely on experience and independent judgment to meet deliverables and/or objectives
- The ideal candidate should:
- Demonstrate proactive and progressive increase in role and responsibilities
- Have worked in high pressure, high growth and high transaction environments
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Be able to work independently
- Effective time management skills
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills for coordinating with staff
- Demonstrate a high standard for excellence
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Be creative and innovative
- Familiarity with software development concepts and methodologies required
- 3-5 years of prior experience in a similar business analyst role required
- Prior experience in the Financial Services and/or Mortgage Services industry preferred
- Print & Mail industry experience a plus
- Outsourcing experiences a plus
- Ability to query application databases using SQL syntax required
- Familiarity with MS Windows client/server and IIS Web based applications beneficial
- Bachelors degree in related field required
- Must be able to use a computer with a keyboard and mouse and a standard phone system.
- Works in a temperature controlled environment.
If you enjoy the fun and feel of an entrepreneurial environment, but also thrive on building complex enterprise systems for an established business, WALZ may be the best fit for you!
Relocation assistance is available, WALZ offers an extensive benefits package for all full time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
WALZ is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.