Advent Software, Inc.(NASDAQ:ADVS), the world's leading provider of automated solutions for investment professionals since 1983, is seeking a talented and experienced Engineer for our software team. Advent’s software solution enables investment professionals to focus on research and investing. Our clients are analysts, portfolio managers, and traders at some of the industry's leading hedge funds, traditional asset management funds, endowments, foundations, funds of funds, and private equity firms. Work with a small, highly-talented, and fun team to design and implement the front end and intutive user workflows of an industry-leading financial system.Job Responsibilities
- Write and own the architectural and design specifications for new features.
- Drive the implementation decision process by presenting and analyzing alternatives and identifying the most desirable solution.
- As an individual contributor, tackle design and implementation for major feature enhancements and architectural designs.
- Lead by example as a major contributor on multi-person projects.
- Mentor other software engineers through design and code reviews.
- Effectively present information on products and respond to questions from managers and clients.
- 5 or more years experience in software engineering is required.
- 3 or more years experience with enterprise-wide, large scale systems development is highly preferred.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft .NET, C#, WCF.
- Experience designing custom application frameworks.
- Ability to research new technologies and effectively adapt them to enable new framework features is required.
- Experience employing unit testing tools.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a wide range of team members and development managers.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within a team are required.
If you enjoy working with knowledgeable, success oriented people, for a company that both challenges and respects its professionals, and you've got what it takes to be a great software engineer, then please apply.Only local candidates will be considered! Why work for Advent?
- 30 years of successfully providing mission critical, reliable, trusted solutions to investment management organizations of all sizes
- 4,500 clients worldwide with over $16 trillion managed with our systems
- Offices located in San Francisco, New York, Boston, London, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Dubai and Beijing
- Commitment to innovation, which is inspired by client and industry needs
- Ranked in the top 15 on the list of 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times- 6th year in a row!
- Advent has made the San Francisco Business Times’ Top Corporate Philanthropists in the Greater Bay Area list 2009, 2010 and 2011
This is a full time, salaried staff position with Advent Software, Inc., where highly skilled professionals power the market in automated solutions for investment professionals. A competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package includes equity compensation, 401(k) w/match, employee stock purchase, and domestic partners coverage. For over 30 years, Advent has revolutionized professional money management. Join us as we shape the future of the financial services industry.
Advent Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.