Bringing structure to the unstructured by unleashing the power of information
OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information. OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
Software developers are focused on the development of world-class search and document management applications. Developers create new features or enhance existing functionality of OpenText products. The projects involved have performance and stability requirements, thus a great importance is placed on code quality and thoroughness in design. This role provides exciting opportunities to design and implement solutions for enterprise-level systems. The focus of this role is on developing functionality and some features for our BlackBerry apps. This role has a heavy emphasis on web development.
What you will do:
• Participate in the software development process from design to release
• Develop new features & enhance existing features of OpenText software applications
• Design, maintain, and execute test plans, scenarios & cases
• Develop and re-factor code to ensure high performance & scalability
• Review requirements & technical specifications with respect to accuracy, consistency, comprehensiveness & testability
• Report test results & defects found during testing
• Provide assistance to customer support, QA, automation testing & documentation groups as needed
What you'll bring:
• App development experience for the BlackBerry v5-7.
• 2+ years of experience in the software development industry with a focus on web development
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of multiple development environments and tools
• Knowledge of various operating systems (Windows 7/Vista, Windows 2008, Linux, Solaris)
• Desire & ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Excellent analytical & organizational skills
• Positive & professional attitude
CLICK HERE for more information about OpenText and OpenText career opportunities.
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.
If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll free number 866-385-6847.