Team Leader, Aplication Design & Coding Team
Under the leadership of the Manager, Software Development, has primary responsibility for providing day-to-day direction and oversight to the Software Developers and participates in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of production applications and web sites using standard database, web, and visual development tools. Responsible for organizing and maintaining technical and functional specifications and ensuring that PriMed programming standards are upheld by all Developers. Coordinates activities and project schedules with other Team Leaders and assists the Manager with staff recruiting and performance reviews.
• Support a positive work environment, motivating staff and fostering teamwork by providing guidance and supervision to the team. Lead by example and act as a resource to staff.
• Coordinate and oversee team’s schedules and workloads, assign duties, and make adjustments as needed to maintain optimal team performance and productivity.
• Evaluate staff performance and provide appropriate feedback.
• Assist the Software Development Manager with staff recruiting, project planning, budgeting, and delivery of staff performance reviews.
• Share application and web development best practices with team members and provide technical leadership and oversight.
• Develop and enforce policies, standards, and procedures for application and web site design, coding, testing, and documentation
• Lead role in design and development activities specific to building and maintaining applications and web sites.
• Provide administrative support for tracking and reporting application and web open issues, enhancements, requests, resource allocations and project status.
• Develop, test, and document executable code according to functional and technical specifications using structured development methodologies
• Assist with priority setting of internal projects
• Collaborate with various customers and suppliers to set and meet service expectations
• Participate in staff, team, project and planning meetings as needed
• At least seven years’ of experience in the design, development and maintenance of web based applications and web sites.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team of technical professionals required; previous supervisory experience highly desirable
• Health Care background highly preferred.
• Experience implementing and supporting web site content management systems is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated knowledge of structured development processes, technical project management, software testing and documentation.
• In-depth knowledge of assorted application design methods, theories, and practices
• Ability to work independently and function as an integral part of the team.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills both technical and business focused.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field, or equivalent education and work experience.
Please apply directly with Hill Physicians on www.hillphysicians.com/careers