Are you interested in developing software that analyzes and recovers data from hard drives and mobile devices?
Basis Technology is looking for several senior software engineers to join our growing and dynamic digital forensics group in Northern Virginia (near Tysons Corner, VA). In this position, you will build digital forensics tools and integrate them into larger systems. You will be directly supporting digital investigations, so it’s important to be able to learn quickly and to prototype rapidly. You will learn how to recover deleted data from devices and build cutting edge technology that analyzes that data. If you want to make a difference, are looking for a challenge, and love to “crack the case”, then this is the job for you.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate existing solutions and develop solutions to fill gaps
- Develop desktop applications to analyze data
- Integrate existing systems to support the investigators' workflows
- Support and maintain fielded solutions
- Team leadership or management duties as needed
- US citizenship with the ability to obtain a US government security clearance (active TS clearance preferred)
- MS or higher with 3+ years work experience, or BS with 5-7+ years work experience in computer science, software engineering, or other software development field
- Proficiency in Java or other high level language or scripting environment, C++ is a plus
- Knowledge of system architecture design
- Familiarity with web service development preferred
- Ability to learn rapidly in both the problem domain and new technical areas
- Good communication skills
- Experience with forensic examinations preferred
Basis Technology provides software solutions for text analytics, information retrieval, digital forensics, and identity resolution in over forty languages. Our Rosette® linguistics platform is a widely used suite of interoperable components that power search, business intelligence, e‑discovery, social media monitoring, financial compliance, and other enterprise applications.
Our company is at the forefront of applied natural language processing using a combination of statistical modeling, expert rules, and corpus-derived data. Leading software vendors, content providers, financial institutions, and government agencies worldwide rely on Basis Technology’s solutions for Unicode compliance, language identification, multilingual search, entity extraction, name indexing, and name translation.
Our products and services are used by over 250 major firms, including Cisco, EMC, Exalead/Dassault Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Oracle, and Symantec. Our text analysis products are widely used in the U.S. defense and intelligence industry by such firms as CACI, Lockheed Martin, MITRE, Northrop Grumman, SAIC, and SRI. We are the top provider of multilingual technology to web and e-commerce search engines, including Amazon.com, Bing, Google, and Yahoo!.