Basis Technology is looking for several software engineers to join our growing and dynamic digital forensics team in Northern Virginia (near Tysons Corner, VA). In this position, you will help develop digital forensics tools and integrate them into larger systems to analyze digital media using C++ and Java programming languages.
- Must be a US citizen (able to obtain US government security clearance; active TS/SCI preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least five(5) years of related experience. Eight(8) years direct experience may be substituted for education
- Minimum of three years of database systems experience with SQL Server, MSSQL, and SQLite
- Working knowledge of Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
- Proven ability to work independently, lead software engineering teams, and perform under tight timelines
- Ability to convey technical information effectively and concisely to a wide range of audiences
- Working knowledge of Computer Forensics and related systems, processing, and applications
Basis Technology provides software solutions for text analytics, information retrieval, digital forensics, and identity resolution in over forty languages. Our Rosette® linguistics platform is a widely used suite of interoperable components that power search, business intelligence, e‑discovery, social media monitoring, financial compliance, and other enterprise applications.
Our company is at the forefront of applied natural language processing using a combination of statistical modeling, expert rules, and corpus-derived data. Leading software vendors, content providers, financial institutions, and government agencies worldwide rely on Basis Technology’s solutions for Unicode compliance, language identification, multilingual search, entity extraction, name indexing, and name translation.
Our products and services are used by over 250 major firms, including Cisco, EMC, Exalead/Dassault Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Oracle, and Symantec. Our text analysis products are widely used in the U.S. defense and intelligence industry by such firms as CACI, Lockheed Martin, MITRE, Northrop Grumman, SAIC, and SRI. We are the top provider of multilingual technology to web and e-commerce search engines, including Amazon.com, Bing, Google, and Yahoo!.