Network Engineer/System Administrator
About Blurb®Blurb® is a self-publishing and marketing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed books and ebooks.
Blurb offers a full suite of free bookmaking tools, online book promotion tools, and an online bookstore where authors can sell their books and keep 100% of their profit. Blurb is known for high-quality, creative range, and beautiful books.
Blurb was founded by Eileen Gittins in 2005, and includes a team of design, Internet and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. Blurb has served more than one million customers and in 2011, Blurb shipped 1.8 million books to more than 69 countries and territories. In 2010, Blurb was ranked the fastest growing media company on the Inc. 500.
Blurb is based in San Francisco with offices in London and our website is available in seven languages. We have fun, work hard, and love helping people discover the thrill of being published.
Help grow Blurb! We are looking for someone with skills both in network engineering and system administration, with an emphasis on the former. We need someone with a passion for high uptimes and automation. You will work with a small team of great engineers to do amazing things.
· Architect, grow, and manage Blurb's network infrastructure
· Configuration and management of Linux systems, with a focus on automation
· Work closely with development to design and implement new systems
· Participate in on-call rotation
· Excellent knowledge of the OSI model
· 5+ years of experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA firewall, Juniper networks, Force 10 Networks, F5 BigIP LTM network products as well as managing large ACLs and multiple tiers.
· Solid understanding of OSPF and BGP routing protocols
· Must be able to troubleshoot large redundant network environments, MPLS and WAN circuits
· Experience with capturing and identifying issues at the packets level
· Solid understanding and 5+ years experience with Redhat Linux
· Excellent understanding of DNS, SNMP, Samba, LDAP, ISCSI and NFS
· Experience with enterprise storage
· Virtualization with Vmware ESXi 5+ and OpenStack or CloudStack
· Understanding of automating systems deployment by using Puppet
· Experience with monitoring systems, such as Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Observium or Traverse
· Scripting in any of the following languages: Bash, Perl, and Ruby
Blurb is a medium, high-growth company, which means tremendous challenges and opportunities. We are looking for smart people who learn fast, solve problems, and get the job done. Our products and services are focused on the user experience, so you'll need to be user-focused as well. We have a world-class team drawn from companies such as Apple, Adobe, Intuit, Corbis, Current TV, eBay, Kodak, Method, Microsoft, Sun, CNET, Yahoo!, Lonely Planet and Sony.
We’re in the financial district (within walking distance of BART), and there are plenty of great eating (and drinking) spots close by!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care)
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org resume.
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!