SNL Financial is the premier multi-sector-focused information and research firm in the financial information marketplace. We collect, standardize, and disseminate relevant data, news, and analysis for our covered industries. We are currently seeking a Software Developer III. The successful candidate will work closely with other team members to understand application requirements, and then technically lead the design, development, and testing of those requirements within the framework of SNL’s products.
This position is located in our new Denver, CO Office!
This is a terrific opportunity to work as a member of software development team. SNL’s development team is responsible for designing and developing a suite of decision support tools to help the financial community make informed and cost-effective decisions.
- Design and implementation of entire subsystems and major areas of an application.
- Detailed design, coding, and testing of software modules with limited direction.
- Responsible for generating innovative approaches and solutions to problems.
- Estimate, plan, and prioritize development work, track and report on user story and task progress.
- Research and recommend tools for implementation within project team.
- Guide, direct, and teach less-experienced staff members in a mentor-type relationship.
- Produce well-written technical documentation.
- Manage and maintain the team’s technical development environment.
- Represent the project team and company externally at a technical level.
- Work independently on complex tasks.
- Manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Work within a structured development environment that includes version control, automated unit testing, automated builds, design and code reviews, following a Scrum Agile development process.
- Provide input regarding performance reviews, promotions, and developmental opportunities for existing staff.
- Technical knowledge of Agile software development methodologies, design, implementation, and testing.
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial software development (Microsoft.NET & SQL Server 2008).
- 3+ years’ experience with some or all of the following: Windows Forms, ASP.NET, C#, T-SQL, ADO.NET, and LINQ.
- Understand the use of technology and how its implementation affects project goals.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to mentor others, with strong leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, taking on and completing high-level tasks on time and with very little supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
Desired Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Experience developing ETL jobs in C#.
- Experience with WPF applications.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Windows PowerShell and Perl.
- Experience with web service design and development in a Service Oriented Architecture using WCF.
- Experience designing and implementing processes that perform complex data manipulation and calculations on large volumes of financial data using WF.
Our employees embrace a number of commonly shared values - collaboration, accountability, customer focus, a bias toward action and results, appreciation and respect for diversity, entrepreneurial spirit, and, at all times, the highest ethical standards. These values represent the behavior each employee is expected to exhibit in their role. In our view, fostering a culture that embodies these values will lead to success and growth for our employees and our business.
Please apply at www.snl.com/careers
SNL is an EOE employer.