Invensys is a global technology company that works in partnership with a broad range of industrial and commercial customers to design and supply advanced technologies that optimize their operational performance and profitability. From oil refineries and power stations to mining companies and appliance manufacturers, our market-leading software, systems and controls enable our customers to monitor, control and automate their products and processes, thereby maximizing safety, efficiency, reliability and ease of use.
Our lines of business are grouped into four business segments: Software, Industrial Automation, Energy Controls and Appliance. You may recognize our market brands, such as Triconex, Wonderware, Foxboro, Ranco and Eurotherm, among others.
Invensys works with:
- 23 of the top 25 petroleum companies
- 48 of the top 50 chemical companies
- 18 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies
- 35 of the top 50 nuclear power plants
- All of the top 10 mining companies
- 7 of the top 10 appliance manufacturers
- 20% of the world’s electricity generation
- 18% of the world’s crude oil refining
- 37% of the world’s nuclear energy generation
- 62% of the world’s liquefied natural gas production
- 23% of the world’s chemical production
Job Title: Principal Embedded SW Development Engineer
Location: Lake Forest
Job Description:The Industrial Automation Systems R&D group in Schneider Electric develops Triconex safety and critical control systems, which provide high-value solutions for critical control and safety applications. Triconex products are based on patented Triple Modular Redundancy (TMR) industrial safety-shutdown technology (http://iom.invensys.com/EN/Pages/Triconex.aspx). Triconex is the largest TMR supplier in the world. For 30 years, Triconex solutions have been helping organizations manage risk and hazards and avoid unscheduled asset downtime and maximize process uptime.
We are seeking an embedded software engineer who is highly motivated, creative and innovative and has a strong passion for formal software product development. The candidate will be responsible for new design, development, and sustaining of our Triconex safety products, in a multi-site, cross-platform development environment. This includes providing solutions to technical issues, ensuring the delivered solutions meet the technical specifications and design requirements, and being responsible for meeting development schedule and cost commitments. In addition, the candidate may also provide technical support to development work performed by third-party service providers or outsource partners.
The responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Understanding the software architecture of the products
- Performing work in all phases software product development life-cycle – requirements, architecture, design, implementation and verification
- Providing support to SW development work performed by outsource partners
- Coming up with innovative ideas to improve SW products and the SW development process
- Becoming adept in Lean Agile practices and team processes
- Working in a diverse team environment, as well as independently
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years of embedded SW design experience in the following areas: Industrial Controls, Aerospace, Communications, or Medical Devices, etc.
- Experienced with ARM, PowerPC or similar embedded processor cores.
- Experienced with HW/SW integration, using tools such as scopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experienced with communication protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS232/RS485, Modbus, OPC, Fieldbus, HART, etc.
- Experienced in device driver development for several of interface types: I2C, USB, SPI, UART, JTAG, GPIO, PCIE, etc.
- Experienced with development using RTOS such as VxWorks, Nucleus, etc.
- Experienced with embedded compiler systems such as Green Hills, Wind River, etc.
- Experienced with formal SW development, using configuration management tool (such as Synergy, etc.), requirements traceability tool (such as DOORS, etc.), SW analysis tools (such as Klocwork, QA/C), SW unit test tool (such as VectorCAST, etc.).
- Experienced in writing formal documentation such as System Requirements Specification, System Architecture Specifications, Software Requirements Specification, Software Design Specification, etc.
- Experienced with technical leading and/or managing development projects.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, team player, multi-tasking with good time management skills and the ability to function across organizational boundaries.
Nice To Have:
- Experienced in design of high reliability, safety, redundant fail-safe products is a strong plus.
- Experience with hardware bring-up and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Board Support Package (BSP) development for HW platforms based on embedded cores like ARM.
- Experienced with development using agile methodology.
- Experienced with industry standards (IEC 61508, IEEE 1012, Mil-Std, etc.).
- Experienced with managing development work done by off-shoring partners, outsource partners, or other third-party partners.
As part of our team, you'll build a strong career with a collaborative, knowledgeable team of people. We'll challenge you to think differently to achieve your goals. You'll have easy access to senior management, leading thinkers, and colleagues around the world.
In addition to competitive salaries and inclusive benefits, we offer global career opportunities and travel to new places to inspire fresh, new thinking. We believe in rewarding and recognizing risk-taking and creativity. We also promote a healthy work-life balance as essential for your personal growth.
Invensys is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
CONNECT WITH US!