Primary role is to assist with managing the design, development, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, security, and support of the IT infrastructure for the organization
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work as a liaison between the customer (users) and vendors for projects and initiatives.
• Work with vendors for remote hands of installation, contracts (telcos), configuration of networks.
• Support for daily interaction with clients and carriers in regards to invoicing issues, dispute resolution, recommendations, etc.
• Obtaining and negotiating pricing on behalf of users/company
• Developing recommendations for the optimization of existing services
• Design, order, implement and maintain enterprise wide LAN/WAN
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience with enterprise wide LAN/WAN design and implementation
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, GRE, EIGRP, HSRP, DMVPN, etc.
• Hands on in depth knowledge of Cisco switches, routers (2900, 3900) and firewalls (ASA5510)
• Knowledge of Data Center Architecture Concepts and Design
• Configuration and maintenance of hardware and software based VPNs
• Network issue troubleshooting and resolution
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Very strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired, is required.
Travel required: As Needed
Please apply by clicking on the Apply Now button and search for requisition #4314