With over 200 million users worldwide, DigitalPersona provides public and private organizations with the ability to link their customers’, employees’ and partners’ physical identity to their logical identity allowing them to create, manage and secure their digital identity. Our customers use DigitalPersona fingerprint biometric verification solutions to prevent fraud, achieve compliance and improve customer service.
We are seeking an experienced Software QA Engineer to take on a lead role in the quality assurance of our Enterprise products, focusing on the virtualized environment.
- Design test plans, automate functional and performance test cases, develop and review test cases and lead the test execution efforts with internal/external QA teams
- Take an active role in the planning and implementation of the QA team’s strategy and process improvements
- Perform black box testing
- Setup and maintain the testing environment in the lab, including Citrix, VMware, Hyper-V
- Perform testing of the products, test/resolve customer reported issues related to the products, report bugs, maintain the bug database as well as write and execute test plans and test cases
- Provide mentoring and technical leadership to a team of SQA Engineers
- Actively participate in product design as the QA representative: work with the Program Manager throughout the development cycle in providing definition, development and deployment of the products’ quality assurance, addressing all phases of product development
- Provide effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and processes to plan
- Participate in “customer issues” meetings and work with Technical Support in addressing customer issues
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of SQA experience in MS Windows environments
- 3+ years of experience in setting up, administering and maintaining virtual infrastructure environments in the QA lab, particularly with application and desktop virtualization solutions:
- Strong hands-on experience with Citrix Server, Citrix XenApp 4 - 6.5, Citrix XenDesktop 5-7, Citrix Provisioning Server 6.1 a must
- Experience with VMware virtualization technologies, including vSphere, vCenterManagement Suite and View, is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft virtualization technologies, including RDP, App-V and HyperV, is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix OS and shell scripting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server administration (e.g. domain controller, Active Directory, GPO)
- Experience testing Windows Client Server applications for Enterprise products.
- Knowledge of MS SQL or Oracle
- Must bring strong experience implementing a formal QA infrastructure (procedures, processes, documentation) that assures the delivery of high quality products, on time, within budget and according to specifications
- Strong planning skills and ability to write accurate and detailed test cases and test plans
- Must work well under pressure in a multi-tasking environment with rapid development life cycles
- Attention to detail a must
- Experience testing security related products
- Experience with web applications/cloud server testing
- White box testing
- Network/Citrix administration experience
- Citrix CCA, CCEE and/or CCIA certifications
- BS or BA, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Friendly, flexible and a team player
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
- Independent, proactive and self-driven with a can-do attitude
- Sense of humor
DigitalPersona is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis, including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, political belief, veteran’s status or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.