The Developer Support Engineer will utilize programming and debugging skills to assist DigitalPersona customers in analyzing and resolving issues with applications developed with our award winning SDK products.
The primary focus of this role is to provide exceptional product support on all DigitalPersona SDK and Integrator product lines. The role also requires documenting case histories, creating support documentation and the tracking of cases through the escalation process to resolution. We will train you to become the product expert, but look to you to bring the programming skills, strong communication abilities and a desire to provide exceptional customer support.
Minimal travel may be required.
- 5+ years of professional experience developing & supporting Enterprise Applications using C/C++
- Experience working with COM
- Windows and Linux development experience
- Superior troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Customer facing experience or strong desire/willingness to interact with customers
- Effective communication skills
- Verbal – professional, able to ask relevant questions and listen to the customer
- Written – professional, clear and concise documentation
- Working knowledge of Win32 API, .NET, JAVA
- Experience developing software for business/commercial applications
- COM based development experience
- Web development experience with ASP/ASP.NET a plus
- Knowledge of biometric and authentication technologies a plus
- Knowledge of cryptography a plus
- Spanish speaking is a huge plus
- BSCS / MSCS in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Team player
- Efficient, quality conscious and self-motivated
- Sense of humor
With over 200 million users worldwide, DigitalPersona provides public and private organizations with the ability to link their customers’, employees’ and partners’ physical identity to their logical identity allowing them to create, manage and secure their digital identity. Our customers use DigitalPersona fingerprint biometric verification solutions to prevent fraud, achieve compliance and improve customer service.
DigitalPersona is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis, including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, political belief, veteran’s status or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.