Working at Plantronics gives you the rare opportunity to make a difference and feel valued, respected and supported, both personally and professionally. You'll find the ideal blend of a casual, fun, friendly atmosphere with a strong commitment to the company's success.
Since 1961 Plantronics (NYSE: PLT) people have been bringing sound innovation to the world. We are a world leader in personal audio communications for professionals and consumers. Our reputation for excellence is built on innovative products, a people-centered workplace and strong ethics.
Headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, Plantronics and its Clarity division have offices in 20 countries, including facilities in Mexico, China, and Europe. Plantronics offers a generous mix of health, financial and lifestyle benefits as well as career development opportunities to its associates. Discover Plantronics.
Plantronics Innovation and New Ventures organization is responsible for building the next generation of hardware and software prototypes, proof of concept trade show and partner demonstrations and delivering new products to address the needs of adjacent markets.
We are currently seeking a Firmware Architect to lead the design, architecture and implementation of prototype and product devices. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Innovation and New Ventures, this team member will be integral part of the engineering leadership team that explores the boundaries of sensors and wearable technology.
- Architecting and developing the next generation of wireless wearable devices
- Implementing firmware to be deployed into prototypes and experimental products
- Collaborating with our global software, electrical, audio, acoustic, and mechanical engineering product development teams
- Providing global contractor technical oversight
- Produce technical specifications and project plans for development activities
- Lead the technology transfer from the Innovation organization to the product development organization
- A Graduate degree in Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of experience in firmware (embedded software) implementation
- 5+ years of experience in the hands-on architecture and hands-on implementation of firmware systems
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming principles and hands-on experience implementing firmware in C++
- Experience in the architecture and implementation of embedded systems that employ an RTOS
- A working understanding of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) principles, especially as it pertains to audio
- Experience developing projects on resource-constrained embedded systems, with a fundamental understanding of multi-threaded, real-time software development
- Strong communication skills: must be able to communicate with several cross-functional teams to agree on testing requirements, hardware specifications, deployment configurations, scheduling, etc.
- The Ability to work with program management to create development schedules and resource estimates considering risks and dependencies
- The ability to read schematics and knowledge of electronics hardware is highly desirable
- Experience in wireless communications, such as 802.11, Bluetooth, DECT, or cellular systems is a plus
- Experience developing multi-processor systems is a plus
- Experience with low level Android OS development is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in firmware development
- 5+ years recent experience in architecture and implementation of embedded systems
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design principles and experience implementing firmware in C++
Plantronics is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
To all recruitment agencies: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.