Join Our Family, Build Your Career!
SanMar Corporation has been family-owned since 1971. Based in Issaquah, WA, we are an award-winning, national supplier of 14 retail, private label and mill brands. We supply apparel and accessories to screen printers, embroiderers, promotional products distributors, athletic dealers, industrial launderers and more -- whether they are outfitting a Fortune 500 corporation or the local bowling team. SanMar's success and growth can be attributed to one thing - outstanding employees who provide superior services and products to our customers. We promote a culture that acknowledges the importance of a healthy work-life balance, recognizing that happy and relaxed employees make better ambassadors for SanMar. We encourage initiative and participation by creating a casual environment that taps your full potential as an employee.
The Project Manager / Business Analyst role will work on ecommerce software development projects. They will be responsible for the entire project life cycle from concept to implementation. They will develop the project plan, build prototypes, coordinate resources, and manage the project through all phases of development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an understanding of customer business processes in designated business area; interview business members to define & document current processes
- Collaborate with business leads, decision makers and end users to define proposed business processes; lead and participate in design sessions prototyping new business processes and systems
- Define and document project Scope, Business Requirements and Functional Design
- Manage and document all changes to Scope, Requirements & Functional Design
- Accountable for project success
- Manage project schedule including creating, monitoring, modifying, & communicating the project plan; responsible for independently driving project to completion
- Advocate for resources; assist with resources allocation & scheduling
- Manage business and stakeholder expectations
- Manage project team including coordinating all members; motivating and troubleshooting when necessary; providing leadership to overcome any hurdles
- Track, communicate and resolve open issues
- Participate in strategic project planning for designated area of the business
- Work closely with development staff to understand requirements
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- eCommerce experience a must
- Must have worked on Java/Oracle Projects on a Linux platform
- Demonstrated ability (web sites) of projects completed
- Experience in the design of software applications or enhancements, including Requirements Analysis & Functional Design
- Working knowledge of the www and B2B related technologies.
- Extremely high level of written communication skills; able to document ideas concisely and quickly
- Excellent verbal communication skills; able to articulate ideas clearly
- Ability to portray a positive attitude at all times; motivate and lead others
- Ability to interact with many different skill sets and roles within the company
- Ability and energy to work on multiple projects at a time and potentially switch projects as necessary, maintaining a strong quality focus on each
- Ability to establish a plan and work independently to execute; ability to self-manage in times of stress, and independently make timely decisions in alignment with business goals
- Working knowledge of databases (i.e. SQL Server); Must be able to run and use SQL queries
- People management experience preferred
- Strong background in Microsoft Office, Project and Visio
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to professionally drive change and process improvement in a loosely structured environment
- Understanding of software design processes and methodology
- Systems Analysis experience preferred
- Data Analyst or Data Modeling experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Business Analyst role; 3 years experience in Project Management
- Must have experience with Java/Oracle Projects on a Linux platform
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver web based projects in a timely manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment is moderately noisy. Employee must be able to handle strenuous customer deadlines and be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending program
- Anniversary rewards
- Discounts on brand name apparel
- Diverse, laid-back atmosphere
- Flexible schedules
- Monthly employee events
If you are a service oriented person who would enjoy working for a company that provides a dynamic, family-oriented environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you! There aren't many other companies out there like us, so don't miss out, apply today, and learn what nearly 2,400 employees have come to know as "The SanMar Difference!"
SanMar is an equal employment opportunity employer.