Relocation assistance available
WHO WE ARE
BLACKLINE SYSTEMS is a leading provider of cloud-based SaaS enterprise-class financial software. We have enjoyed a steady and impressive growth rate of revenues up by more than 50% from the previous year since 2008. In addition, we have a 3-year sales growth of 262% and have been recognized by Software Magazine as one of the “largest and best performing “software and services providers in the world! Among our many other awards and recognitions, BlackLine also has the distinction of being named one of 2013 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles.
WHERE WE ARE GOING
Our corporate state-of-the-art headquarters is in Woodland Hills, CA, with branch offices in Chicago, NY, Atlanta, London and Sydney. We have recently partnered with Silver Lake Sumeru, a high technology investment group to facilitate our aggressive global expansion plans across all regions–North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific.
WHY JOIN US
This is indeed an excellent time to join BlackLine for the bright and exciting future ahead for both the company and it’s highly valued asset…its employees. We offer a robust compensation and benefits plan with ample career growth opportunity, a great culture, including a volley ball team and Ping-Pong tournaments (which are held in our newly constructed employee game room), telecommuting privileges, community outreach, and much, much more.
The right person is also expected to constantly improve production, code quality, and delivery techniques, and the ability to help identify, craft, adopt and standardize related processes and improve upon them.
- Architect, build, and enhance the Front End of a large scale and high traffic web application.
- Develop, design, and maintain simple, intuitive, and feature-rich dynamic interfaces and components, driving for an optimized and responsive experience for our users.
- Help drive and enforce modern web application and front end technologies, processes, and methodologies in order to continually craft and improve the web application for speed, usability, performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Help drive, develop, and enforce engineering standards, best practices, design patterns, and architectural goals/directions.
- Mentor junior team members with complex technical and design solutions.
- Monitor, analyze, and improve performance and responsiveness of the web application, and specifically the Front End components and infrastructure.
- Be a contributing member of a tight-knit and forward thinking team of front end engineers who have fun and work hard, and hold themselves to very high standards.
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices, with an eye towards applicable use or learnings from those technologies that can be leveraged for the product, team, environment, or processes.
- 4+ years as a Lead Developer for UI/Front End/RIA projects
- 5+ years experience working with and developing in large scale, high traffic/performance web applications
- Expert in site tuning and performance optimization (HTTP Profiling, PageSpeed, etc.), including asset bundling, and minification
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, with a proven history at being able to work and collaborate effectively with non-technical team members and/or stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues, browser degradation/progressive enhancement strategies, optimization and accessibility techniques
- Strong knowledge of website analytics and A/B testing tools
Mobile web application experience is a plus
Experience with object oriented server-side programming, C#/ASP.NET MVC a strong plus