This position is located in Houston and offering relocation compensation.
WHY JOIN ENTRANCE?
The best thing about working at Entrance is our smart+fun culture. Some team members’ favorite part of that culture is our state-of-the-art tools and software,whileothers appreciate our dedication to training and career growth. Many of our consultants thrive on the challenge of providing solutions for ever-changing business needs, while others get satisfaction from building partnerships with our clients. Most folks value the deluxe benefits, but some people’s favorite thing about Entrance might just be the stocked candy drawer or the ping pong table. What will you like best about working at Entrance?
We have been recognized as one of the fastest-growing local information technology consultancy companies by the Houston Business Journal. Our office is located in the eclectic Houston Heights neighborhood so our consultants don’t have to go far for great food and a jogging trail is right outside our door. All this has led us to be named one of Houston’s Best Places to Work 2012.
Entrance is a software consulting company that is fluent in Energy. With almost 10 years of experience as technology consultants in Oil and Gas, we follow industry trends and can respond to changing needs before off-the-shelf solutions can reach the market. Our Software Consulting addresses changing industry needs as they occur, rather than as they become common practice. Custom Software addresses complex business or engineering issues that are beyond the capabilities of product offerings. And we get the right information into the right hands with our SharePoint Consulting. We’re a company of intellectuals who strongly believe in the ability of technology to turn businesses’ largest worries into drivers for informed, strategic decisions.
* Create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining SharePoint applications.
* Analyze, design and develop SharePoint deployment, configuration and customization projects.
* Develop and implement web parts and customization of SharePoint sites using Visual Studio and .NET technologies to supplement out-of-the-box functionality.
* Develop applications using Visual Studio .NET and SharePoint Designer, including the design and implementation of custom web parts and other programs utilizing the SharePoint object model.
* Design and implement custom workflows and reports in the SharePoint environment.
* Work with Senior Software Consultants and Project Leads to define application objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
* Design and develop user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout development life cycle.
* Design and conduct testing of the developed functionality.
* Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; study and establish connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
* Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contribute to team meetings; troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
* Update job knowledge by researching new Internet/intranet technologies and software products, participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks and participate in professional organizations.
* Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
We are looking for people with development or consulting backgrounds, preferably in multiple disciplines, but with at least 2-3 years of SharePoint experience implementing and customizing MOSS 2007 and/or 2010.
* Microsoft Office SharePoint solution design and configuration experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly and simply to clients.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to learn quickly.
* Detail oriented.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Software development fundamentals (including object-oriented design, multi-layer design, debugging, etc.).
o MOSS 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010
o SharePoint Designer 2007/2010
o FAST Search
o Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0/7.0
o Active Directory
o .NET Framework 3.0/4.0
o C# 4.0+
o ASP.NET 4.0+
o Web user interface design
o HTTP and HTML
o Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008/2010
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Web Services and SOA
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Generous benefits plan includes medical/dental/vision, short-term and long-term disability, critical illness plan, and life insurance.
- 100% company-paid coverage for single employees.
- For employees with families, up to $6,000 company-paid coverage per year to offset benefits premiums.
- 401(k) with company match up to 4% of salary, plus discretionary annual profit-sharing.
- 3 weeks paid time off per year in addition to 8 company holidays per year.
- Flexible work schedule.
- $2,000 and 2 paid days off towards learning opportunities and approved professional certifications per year.
- Great office location in the Heights area in Houston, TX.
- Little to no travel.
- Business casual plus jeans work environment.
- Stocked kitchen (gourmet coffee, drinks, snacks and candy), catered breakfasts and lots of fun company events!
Open positions are direct-hire and full-time roles. We are unable to offer H1 Visa sponsorship. No third parties please.